Media Browser removed itself??

XiaNYdE

XiaNYdE

Just now i was watching a show using Kodi, show finished i left the room and returned 5 minutes later to find Kodi in it's default state, all libraries gone and upon investigation the Media Browser Add-On is gone, completely removed :o there is no trace of it in enabled add-ons, even the video add-ons option is missing, if i go to get add-ons Media Browser is there and telling me to install, anyone know what happened??? was this an update gone wrong???

XiaNYdE

Are you on the right profile? You can check under settings > profiles and verify which profile is loaded.

It's across the board, all 4 profiles on my HTPC Kodi installation suddenly have the MB add-on missing, besides i didn't log out after watching my series, just walked out of the room an came back to it as it is now.

XiaNYdE

do you have auto update turned on, perhaps an update tried to run but failed in  weird way and the addon was reset/removed.

Just restarted the system to make sure it wasn't a weird anomally but everything to do with media browser is still gone although the repositories to redownload it are still there it's just like it was never installed, awfully strange. As far as auto-update goes where do i find that in the Titan settings?? it does seem like it is on though, as going into the add-ons menu it shows a date/time that it last checked for updates which was about an hour ago, so maybe it was an update gone wrong.

Edited by XiaNYdE

XiaNYdE

Ok, so i went into get add-ons and selected Media Browser, it downloaded nothing, but did say add-on enabled, went back into enabled add-ons and video add-ons was back in the menu, went to the MB add-on all server setting were correct and unchanged, i then logged out of my profile, logged back in and everything returned to normal, definitely some weirdness going on there.

xnappo

Almost certainly there was a failed auto update.  I really recommend turning auto update off.