Deleted file from MBC Not Updating in Server / Hangs MBC

balkerman

balkerman

Hi,

I just upgraded from MB2, so seems to be working much the same for me, I only use the MBServer and MBC. I had MB2 working great - the issue below and random crashes when i scroll lists fast are my 2 issues with MB3

In MB2 when deleting a file (like a show that is no longer needed), the file would delete from server drive, and the page I was on in MB2 would update immediately to reflect the file list minus the deleted file.

In MPC, when I go to perform the same action, the details page disappears, MBC states the MBS is updating and the change will be reflected momentarily. A short time later another message states the file has been deleted - which it has been from the server drive. Then it just sits there with a backdrop page, no updated file list - it does not return to the file list. If I exit MBC and return, the file is still listed, but does not play. If I use the web client to check, the file is listed as still there (not deleted), other times it is listed as offline. I assume this is not normal and it should behave the same as in MB2?

I have attached new logs for both MBC and MBS at the time I tested it.

Any help is appreciated!

MB-Classic: 3.0.88.0 B10-29.1
MB-Server: 3.0.5050.37565
Edited by balkerman

I don't see a delete operation in either of those logs.

However, the item you were playing in those logs doesn't look like it is in the proper folder structure to be either a movie or tv episode or anything else we would really recognize as anything other than a generic video.  What type of item are you attempting to delete and can you find the logs from the actual delete operation?

balkerman

Thanks for looking into this!

I deleted the video betwwn 10:30 to10:33. See the entry for 2013-11-04 10:31:42 / 2013-11-04 10:31:44 in the MBC log?

The video is in a 'downloads' folder (marked as a tv show folder), which contains temporary video files, some are in thier own folders, other are in the root directory.

The server log doesn't match that time frame and that is what does the actual delete.

However, the file structure you described is not a supported structure for TV so I imagine that has something to do with your issue.