Sort by date and older movies randomly jump to beginning of list

jagojago

jagojago

I use the date sort feature to keep my recently added movies at the front of my list. Tonight when the program refreshed and added my newest movie, it added 5 older movies to the front of the list with it. I checked the folders these are stored in and no changes have been made since these movies were added 2-3 years ago. What would cause this and how can I put the older movies towards the back of the list where they belong when sorting by date?

This is undoubtedly a metadata or file system issue.  Make sure that your date added handling is set to "File System" in the server metadata configuration and that the media file system dates are what they should be.

You can confirm with the metadata editor what the system believes the date added is for any item.  You can also edit it there.

jagojago

This is undoubtedly a metadata or file system issue.  Make sure that your date added handling is set to "File System" in the server metadata configuration and that the media file system dates are what they should be.

You can confirm with the metadata editor what the system believes the date added is for any item.  You can also edit it there.

Issue seems to have fixed itself this morning. Last night I verified the metadata files had not been changed and had the older modified date, even tried restarting and they still showed up at the front of the list. This morning when I woke my computer up to work on it they had magically disappeared and gone back to where they belong. Where can I find the setting for date added handling to make it file system? I couldn't find it in the server configurator->metadata tab.

Edited by jagojago