MBS web client displaying blank movie items after manual deletion

tomasstendahl

tomasstendahl

Hi,

I recently carried out a purge of my movie files, deleting 100 or so movies to free up some disc space, using Windows 7 File Manager. However, after the next Library Scan, I found that the MBS web client, in 'Metadata Manager' mode still listed them, but as apparently blank/empty items.

This does not affect the functionality of the software, but it does reduce the effectiveness of Metadata Manager, as the list is becoming polluted with non-existent items. I can delete the non-existant items from within the web client, however, as it takes 3-5 seconds to register each deletion it would be a real PITA.

Server Version 3.0.5490.2 running on Win 7 SP1 x64. Any ideas?

TIA

Make sure those items didn't exist in any collections.

As long as they don't, this should sort itself out pretty quickly.

FrostByte

Were the movies you deleted maybe in a collection also?  If so try removing them from the collection to see if the go away.  There is probably some reference to them in some matter which is why the metadata manager still lists them

Heh, damn beat me to it :)

Edited by FrostByte

tomasstendahl

Many thanks for your input. I've left it a couple of days to see if it would 'sort itself out', but it hasn't.

It seems that when I manually delete a movie folder from my hard drive without doing it through the MBS GUI, on the next Library Scan MB will re-create that movie's folder, placing a new copy of the film's movie.xml file in the new folder but nothing else. My file system is now cluttered with a whole bunch of orphan folders with nothing but a movie.xml file in them. Not a major problem, as they do not display in MBC, but annoyingly untidy for my HDD.

Having to go through now and delete each orphan folder from within MBS web client in slow time.  :mellow:

tomasstendahl

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. I have some manually-created collections (nested folders) in other 'mixed content' categories, but none in my movies folder.

In MBS Metadata Manager, there is a "Collections" category on the left-hand side at the bottom (along with "Playlists" and "Camera Uploads"), but I have never used any of these features and they are all empty, i.e. clicking on it produces no sub-items.