MPC-HC and 'watched' status

Pirlo1966
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Pirlo1966

I do use MPC-HC as an external player and port 13579 is active but none of my movies gets the 'recently watched' status. What Am I missing?

Of course I do play the movie till the end (beyond the 90%). Whatever I try, movies do not get marked as watched. This worked fine in MB2 with same setup.

MBClassic-3112013300120aaab784dd99826433f5f005eb9.log

Pirlo1966

Check you have 'Played Indicator's' set in the configuration screen

Configuration\View Options.

Steelman, thanks but what configuration? Can't seem to find such a configuration in MPC-HC, MB Classic or MB Server?

Never mind. I did find it. In MBC itself. Boy, I think it's very complex for newbees (which I am not) to know what to configre where. So many XML's and config pages.

Edited by ehgeahrev

steelman1991

Shouldn't really be an opinion, either checking the boxes corrects the issue and shows the watched status correctly, or it doesn't. If it doesn't then yes its totally unrelated.

EDIT - Sorry I may have totally missed your point - are you referring to items being marked as 'watched' or showing in 'watched' on the EHS - If so, you're right these may be totally unrelated.

Edited by steelman1991

Pirlo1966

What version of MPC-HC do you have?

Latest everything. MPC-HC: 1.7.07858

Edited by ehgeahrev

Pirlo1966

Shouldn't really be an opinion, either checking the boxes corrects the issue and shows the watched status correctly, or it doesn't. If it doesn't then yes its totally unrelated.

EDIT - Sorry I may have totally missed your point - are you referring to items being marked as 'watched' or showing in 'watched' on the EHS - If so, you're right these may be totally unrelated.

Yes, I was refering to items being marked as watched or showing in watched on EHS. No problem. Thanks anyway. 

Pirlo1966

I have the same issue on all my htpc's. And with two different MB3 servers. So it looks I can reproduce it :-)

Maybe a language issue? I have MPC-HC in duch language version.

Edited by ehgeahrev

yes, you need your mpc language set to english. mpc's api localizes the playstate values - playing, paused, stopped, etc. so unless Ebr plans to support all of the different values for every possible language, then you'll need to use english.

Aha!

I believe there is a newer mpc api endpoint that uses numbers for the values. But I don't recall what it is.

• Solution

yes, you need your mpc language set to english. mpc's api localizes the playstate values - playing, paused, stopped, etc. so unless Ebr plans to support all of the different values for every possible language, then you'll need to use english.

• Like 2

No, I really wouldn't bother because you won't find any. If you really want to pursue it you're going to have to relentlessly dig through forums and code from other apps that use it. That's basically how it got as far as it is today.

Pirlo1966

Just the civilised languages Dutch and English will do   :lol: 

Thanks for solving this issue. Changing MPC to English indeed solves the issue.