Force match

Evlo

This is NOT windows specific question, but i did not found general server forum, so i ask here.

Is there a way to force match and then let mediabrowser do the search for metedata?

I like naming my folders like Blacklist, The, instead of Thle blacklist. I know it would probably be same in navigating the library, but i like it better when looking for actual folder to find it. So media browser did not match this (and others) with correct show, and that is ok, i get it, not that common naming practice.

Then i found out some of the OLD shows and movies that are unmatched do have tags like Clarkson The Specials [tvdbid=266854] in their folder names. I know it worked long time before it old media browsers. Is there some way to force match now and let Mediabrowser3 donwload metadata and not store it locally with files, ie. to create file in show folder where only information would be tmdbid?

I really don't like to repair match in metadata editor as it would not match correctly next time i do re-installation or move files somewhere or finally build server and do clean install of everything or whatever other reason.

BTW - i also found this http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2607-external-id-override-like-tmdbid123456/ :)

UPDATE and solution: i don't know if it is supported or not, but creating series.xml in series folder ie. g:\Shows\Blacklist, The\series.xml and adding this

<Series>
<id>266189</id>
</Series>
works

id i used is thetvdb id from url thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=266189

The id can also by found on thetvdb.com search

hope it helps someone else!

Then you need to do manual refresh as pointed out here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/12010-improve-mbs-scraping-results/ - BTW the kodi movie.nfo method mentioned in that thread did not work for me.

Edited by Evlo