How to tell server what file or directory(folder :D ) to add to library and get metedata for?

Evlo

I did not found any commandline or api docs, only this forum with questions so i'm asking.

Is there a way to tell server to update library with particular folder or file and get metadata for it? Similar thing to real time filesystem monitor.

Are you trying to just refresh an item or what?

API documentation is built into the server.  Right click the tray Icon.

Yes, i guess you can also call that operation refresh. In case of movies it is rally adding to library, in case of shows it is mostly adding new episodes to show, rarely new season or show.

I do use read only samba shares as sources for my collection and i can make script that will trigger when file is moved into one of these shares. I guessed file system monitor will not work for read only shares

The api link works, but honestly i clicked on link in server dashboard and it returned 404, but i works now. So weird when it is running on localhost MB3 webserver. But nevermind, it just made me look stupid ...

UPDATE: It seems  that change monitoring works for read only SMB shares too, wow!

Edited by Evlo