Request: Return transparent image with played progress bar for items with no image

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi there,

Is it possible to request a transparent image with the played progress bar for items which don't have any associated images? Or is there already a means to do this?

Hopefully the screenshot will show the issue (the tv icon is an in app image currently used for items without images)

54d4ed5cdc07c_Capture.png

Thanks,

well in the vast majority of cases there will be a screen grab image there unless that's either been disabled or failed for that video, both relatively rare occurrences. i'm sure eventually we'll have server-configurable defaults so that would be the way i'd want to accomplish it with server involvement. in the meantime i would just give the container a background color and i think it will be fine.

chessdragon136

Yeah - The issue is I've had some people say (using my example) "Why is the Lego Movie in my Resume list when it has no green bar?"  - It is a resumable item but I cannot obtain an image with the progress bar embedded in it as the item has no images associated to it. Really I want to grab a generic video image and pass the playedpercentage from the item and use that. 

Edited by chessdragon136

why don't you display a progress bar with css? you've already got the semi-transparent overlay so it appears to be possible. if clients are capable of doing it themselves then they should in order to help reduce server image processing requirements.

chessdragon136

I can do - I had it originally like that until someone told me about the playedpercentage parameter so i switched. I'll switch back.