Protocol for adding resources to plugin

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

What is the protocol for adding local images to my channel?

The broadcasting network (Jupiter Broadcasting) for which I am developing my channel has yet to get the infrastructure necessary to really expand and make development for them simpler. They do not have an API nor do they have a central place from which to pull images (although they claim to be working on both). Currently, they are distributing all of their content via RSS feeds and images are sent to channel developers via email.

Because of the lack of distribution infrastructure on JB's part, I cannot implement a solution similar to the TWiT channel (I am pulling heavily from it) for images and am wondering how to add the images to my channel. Should I just add them to a git repo and link the channel to it?

What kind of images are you talking about?  Just one or two for the channel overall or images that change with the content in the channel?

thefirstofthe300

These images will be for the folders inside the channel and the coverart for each episode. None of these images will change with the content of the channel.

Essentially, the images will function just like the TWiT plugin except they won't be pulled from the channel's website.

I don't use TWiT but you said it was cover art for each episode but then you said they wouldn't change with the content...  Wouldn't there be a new image with each episode...?

What I'm getting at is, if there are just 10-15 images that will never change, you can just embed them in your resources.  But, if they need to change periodically,  then you probably can't do that.

thefirstofthe300

I explained that poorly. The cover art is just going to be a standardized poster

Sent from my Nexus 7. Pardon my spelling. :)