Is there an endpoint that indicates if content is Disliked?

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I've only found if the item is Liked, but what if I wanted to know if an item is Disliked? Also, how would I add it to Fields since it's under UserData? It's not at the same level as AirTime, for example.

54d2ffdeef44e_API_liked.jpg

Thanks!

It is a part of user data and your example is of one that is disliked.

The possible values for that field are:

true - the user liked it

null - the user has not liked or disliked it

false - the user disliked it

In the case of null, the property will just not be there in the result.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thank you so much, @@ebr. I will put it to the test. However, "likes" is optional in the API. I've tried to add "likes" to the end of my Fields query, but it's not working. Any idea how to add it? I'm guessing it's because its located under userdata...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will simply come as a part of the userdata object.  You either get all of it or none of it.

But, as I mentioned above, if the user has neither liked or disliked something then the value will be null and json doesn't include null values so it just won't be there.  Any json parser, however, will end up creating the property in the resulting object with a null value.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Another inquiry, is there a way that if a show is disliked, that their episodes also inherit dislike from the Series folder, even if it's not been marked disliked? Seems like it would be logical for it to behave that way. It's the only way to have an effective filter for handling of Likes, Dislikes.

Luke and I had that discussion a loooong time ago and we decided we didn't want to assume that data like that would be inherited because that would limit the possibilities for it.

Angelblue05

I see...so if a person Dislikes a show, but search in episodes, the episodes of the show would still show, because that user didn't dislike every single episode? :) Seems silly, but I can understand, somewhat. I will work with it then and do a seperate query just to find if the show is disliked or not.

Searches aren't usually filtered by like or dislike.  Something like that would be up to the UI doing the searching I guess.

• Like 1

im85288

I've only found if the item is Liked, but what if I wanted to know if an item is Disliked? Also, how would I add it to Fields since it's under UserData? It's not at the same level as AirTime, for example.

54d2ffdeef44e_API_liked.jpg

Thanks!

@@Angelblue05 - If your looking into this from the Kodi addons point of view have a look in ItemInfo.py where I added the possibility to like/dislike an episode or movie

Angelblue05

Thanks @@im85288 I'm trying to add a filter to hide disliked shows from my MB Upcoming extension...I wanted to avoid having to do a second query for an information I thought should inherit from series. Like If series is disliked, seasons and episodes should be disliked unless the user selects likes at a lower level.

I can't imagine anyone selecting dislikes on every individual episodes over disliking a season or series, that's why I was confused by the fact that it didn't inherit from parent folder. :) But my question was answered, and I will need to do a secondary query inside the first query to find out if the show of the episode I'm looking at is disliked or not.