App doesn't connect

abb0r

Hi,

I recently switched from Plex to MediaBrowser and I'm willig to support the preject, because you did some awesome work. But there is one problem stopping my donation: if I want to connect to my server from another location (e.g. friends' house) with the Android App  it always says "Server unreachable" (doesn't work on wifi nor cellular), but if I connect to it with the web app, everything works fine. Is there a problem with the settings on my phone or is it a gerneral problem with the Android app?

Make sure you're entering the real (public) IP correctly and the port no., you may need to check the port mapping in your broadband router.

DaN

• 2 weeks later...

Having same issue. Can't connect on home WiFI to main PC where MB is installed.

Cell & tablet both have MB installed, logged in the correct username/password. Says to select a MB server (Change Server).

I type in the IP address as listed in my server dashboard

What am I missing? Really need the cell & tablet to work. Having surgery would like to watch movies while in hospital.

AND, if I click on the weblink in the dashboard (xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:8096/mediabrowser nothing happens. The page opens but goes nowhere.

Edited by nycrr

AND, if I click on the weblink in the dashboard (xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:8096/mediabrowser nothing happens. The page opens but goes nowhere.

If that is the case then your issue is more likely a global one as opposed to being related to the Android app.  Check firewall settings.

fatannasty

I've been having a similar issue ever since the last update. I cannot log in to the android app to access my content  from my server. Error: " Error logging into connect: try again later"

Everything was working fine prior to the 15th.

Media Browser server is installed on Windows Server 2010

Media browser is installed on HTC M8 on Android 5.0.1

Any help will be greatly appreciated