Connected. But only worked once. Now won't connect again.

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

Window 7

Samsung Galaxy tab running Android 4.4.2 (media browser app dpwnloaded form Amazon app store)

I've managed to connect once. But despite not changing any settings, it won't reconnect.

I use a BT Homehub 5 which can be a bit cranky, but it allows me to assign a set IP Address to my server pc. And as far as i can tell I've opened the correct port for port forwarding.

I've turned off both the router firewall and the pc firewall.

I've tried putting the HTTP:// ------:8096/mediabrowser address in the change server box, but still no joy

I've tried the workaround about clicking ion skip and then put in the server ip details but that didn't work for me either.

I'm at work now, so i can't yet add my server logs,but i have pasted the Android logs.  

I've got a day off on Thursday so I'll probably reset the router to the default settings and go from there.
I'll also post the server logs then too.

My belief is that the router is getting confused, bit of a headache when i have so many devices to reset. 

PS - I followed this youtube guide 

If i can work out what is causing it I'll post back.

post-633-0-81649800-1422983370_thumb.jpg

post-633-0-11075500-1422983373_thumb.jpg

post-633-0-92357800-1422983391_thumb.jpg

post-633-0-57116800-1422987684_thumb.jpg

client-5daaad89-d397-420f-a6b0-228da8dd72b2.txt

client-39cccfa8-f631-4970-9394-e120434e2cc6.txt

client-7883cc92-0886-41db-b4dd-b231647fd419.txt

client-ba2e0aeb-b636-4842-96f3-60d548829c77.txt

client-ff020498-7f0f-4b82-b70e-18838cbc6d3e.txt

riverboat2001

I've managed to connect flawlessly now using wireless on my home network.
And the app knows exactly the right ip address for both the wired and wireless connections.

I've definitely opened up the right ports, but i'm not convinced my BT Homehub is saving them correctly, so I'll factory reset it tomorrow in the hope that will solve the problem.

riverboat2001

Finally got it working by typing in ip address in chrome browser. Will not connect via app over the Internet, but the app works fine over home wireless network.

dark_slayer

Finally got it working by typing in ip address in chrome browser. Will not connect via app over the Internet, but the app works fine over home wireless network.

Try connecting from the internet instead of locally

When it tells you it can't find the server, edit the address manually but dont type http:// at the front

Also, you are saying that you got it working from the internet (WAN) using the Chrome browser, correct? If not then back to the drawing board with your router setup. For my asus config page, when I specify a port range to forward it forces me to select a local IP for that range. I can't just freely open up port 8096 on my whole LAN for whichever computer may be listening

riverboat2001

Yep,

Works via internet from my work location using BT Fon. And works via wireless on my home network.

The app works wirelessly on my home network, but doesn't work away from home via the internet.

So as far as my limited mind can work out. It's the app that won't connect via the internet.

we have an update in beta testing that resolves some connectivity issues, and in general, that is a key focus point right now to get them settled completely so that we can move on with new feature development.

ProphetSe7en

Port is correctly forwarded. When using kodi (xbmc) with plugin it works fine. The problem is when using the Media browser app on android.

How can I join the beta program?