MB Classic and Blu Ray Sound

Lonald

I'm moving from MB2 to MB3 server.

I am using windows 7, 8, and 8.1 on my network.  Movies are stored on a Synology DS2413+ NAS.

I was using TMT6 as an external player with good results.

For DVDs, the MB3 server and classic is providing a good quality playback.

For Blu Rays, the image quality is very good, but the audio is not picking up: either it is silent or the director's commentary track plays.

Do I have an incorrect setting?

Thanks!

MB Server 3.0.5050.37565

MB Classic 3.0.9.0

Check your settings in TMT6. MB Classic just directly plays files as is, so it doesn't make any changes to your video or audio quality at all. So it is something with the TMT program or a codec problem on your machine.

Thanks,

The Blu Rays play fine through TMT6 when used as an external player designated in MB Classic Configuration.  I don't have the correct sound track playing when I use MB Classic without an external player.

Thanks,

The Blu Rays play fine through TMT6 when used as an external player designated in MB Classic Configuration.  I don't have the correct sound track playing when I use MB Classic without an external player.

I assume you mean with the internal WMC player it won't play the correct soundtrack. That is probably a codec problem as WMC doesn't understand the majority of codecs from blu-rays. If you wish to use the internal WMC player, I'd suggest installing LAV.

Thanks again!

I'll review LAV and I understand the program relationships better re: WMC player for Blu Ray.  In the meantime, TMT6 works fine.

CBers, you are correct - I am using 3.0.90.0.  It updated as I installed.

CBers, you are correct - I am using 3.0.90.0.  It updated as I installed.

That is a dev release.  You should set your update level to beta to avoid potential issues.

That is a dev release.  You should set your update level to beta to avoid potential issues.

Thanks, I made the change.

Xzener

I am also trying to get this to work... Video looks great, but no audio using Bluray folder rips. MKVs converted from Bluray folder rips have HD audio... Am I doomed to convert 100+ folder rips to MKV??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Xzener

We try to guess and play the right thing when you try to play a BD folder rip in MBC but, basically, WMC does not support that format.  You'll either need new containers or an external player for reliable playback.