Ass Subtitle

Azureflea

AdrianW

You're comparing MPC-HC to the WebUI - I'm pretty sure MB is using the browser's built in subtitle capability which has very limited options.

If you really want to use the WebUI for browsing and playback (instead of one of the other clients) - I'd suggest installing the MPC-HC remote utility - this runs in the tray, and when you press play in the WebUI it will open MPC-HC for playback.

If you have a PC with Windows Media Centre - I'd strongly suggest trying MBC (Media Browser Classic) - it has a great UI, and assuming you have the correct codecs installed you won't have any issues with ASS subs.

Azureflea

You're comparing MPC-HC to the WebUI - I'm pretty sure MB is using the browser's built in subtitle capability which has very limited options.

If you really want to use the WebUI for browsing and playback (instead of one of the other clients) - I'd suggest installing the MPC-HC remote utility - this runs in the tray, and when you press play in the WebUI it will open MPC-HC for playback.

If you have a PC with Windows Media Centre - I'd strongly suggest trying MBC (Media Browser Classic) - it has a great UI, and assuming you have the correct codecs installed you won't have any issues with ASS subs.

this problem in the legends also occurs in android application. The same does not occur in media center plex and its respective application for android. What I would like to know and why the media browser can not play this type of subtitle correctly.

AdrianW

Like Plex - MediaBrowser has multiple different clients, some are further along in development than others.

I use Media Browser Classic which can play ASS subtitles correctly (either by having correct codecs installed and configured, or by using MPC-HC as an external player).

The Media Browser Web UI  can be configured to play back using MPC-HC which will then play ASS subtitles correctly.  

I don't know about the android app - perhaps ask in the android forum.