IMediaPlayer interface

wolfbuddy

wolfbuddy

Hi,

Apologies in advance for the noobish question. 

How do I access the variables in the interface MediaBrowser.Theater.Interfaces.Playback.IMediaPlayer? I need to get CurrentDurationTicks.

I tried to insert it into my constructor, the same as IPlaybackManager, but I get null reference exceptions. I guess it's built in a different way but my skills are not up to figuring out how!  I think I might need to implement it in the usual interface way, by creating a new class and inheriting IMediaPlayer but this all new to me. 

Thanks

wolfbuddy

Anyone that can help with this?

I've taken a look at how the MBT UI does this, and tried to replicate that in my plugin, but I get the following in the MBT log.

2015-02-03 13:56:13.5500 Error - App: Error creating SimpleInjector.ActivationException: No registration for type iMonHandler could be found and an implicit registration could not be made. The constructor of type iMonHandler contains the parameter of type IMediaPlayer with name 'mediaPlayer' that is not registered. Please ensure IMediaPlayer is registered in the container, or change the constructor of iMonHandler. ---> SimpleInjector.ActivationException: The constructor of type iMonHandler contains the parameter of type IMediaPlayer with name 'mediaPlayer' that is not registered. Please ensure IMediaPlayer is registered in the container, or change the constructor of iMonHandler.

at SimpleInjector.Advanced.DefaultConstructorInjectionBehavior.GetInstanceProducerFor(ParameterInfo parameter)
   at SimpleInjector.Advanced.DefaultConstructorInjectionBehavior.BuildParameterExpression(ParameterInfo parameter)
   at SimpleInjector.ContainerOptions.BuildParameterExpression(ParameterInfo parameter)
   at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildConstructorParameters(ConstructorInfo constructor)
   at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildNewExpression(Type serviceType, Type implementationType)
   at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildTransientExpression[TService,TImplementation]()
   at SimpleInjector.Lifestyles.TransientLifestyle.TransientLifestyleRegistration`2.BuildExpression()
   at SimpleInjector.Registration.BuildExpression(InstanceProducer producer)
   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildExpressionInternal()
   at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
   at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
   at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.BuildInstanceCreator()
   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at SimpleInjector.InstanceProducer.GetInstance()
   at SimpleInjector.Container.GetInstance(Type serviceType)

What are you trying to build?

I'm not sure MBT is ready for plug-in development.  Anything you do is likely to have to change when the new framework is complete.

wolfbuddy

This;

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17234-feature-request-soundgraph-imon-support/

I just need some basic media information from the media player, which I'm getting currently from the playback started event. However, I need to update the display with the current duration which I can't figure out how to retrieve. The MBT UI does it no problem so I'm sure that I must be able to!?

I don't mind re-writing it if/when the new MBT is done. It's all a good learning curve.

The playback started event has a Player property on it which contains the IMediaPlayer instance being used for the current item. The media player has the current duration.

Edited by Aphid

The playback manager and related interfaces is what I am currently working on, and will change quite significantly in an upcoming release.

wolfbuddy

The playback started event has a Player property on it which contains the IMediaPlayer instance being used for the current item. The media player has the current duration.

Thanks, yeah I have this but I want to get the current duration periodically to update the iMon displays with it.

wolfbuddy

Can I get PositionTicks from MediaBrowser.Model.Session.PlaybackProgressInfo? I think that MBT is setting this during playback?

MBT remembers the player from the last playback started event, and periodically polls it. In the future, there will be a playback state event from which you can get this information.

• 1 month later...