1080p mkv playback stuttering

kougei
Go to solution Solved by JeremyFr79,

CBers

I've also found a deal on a Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 bundled with Win2012 Essentials for just over £300 net of fastback offer, such a good deal considering Quad-Core Zeon 3.x GHz processor, 4mb Ram and, and full Server Essentials. Food for thought.

Nice :)

Overseer

I've also found a deal on a Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 bundled with Win2012 Essentials for just over £300 net of fastback offer, such a good deal considering Quad-Core Zeon 3.x GHz processor, 4mb Ram and, and full Server Essentials. Food for thought.

Might want to beef up that RAM a tad.  :lol:

• Like 1

Would still like to investigate more on the XB1 and FireTV side though.

So amazingly the FireTV (with Kodi/SPMC) is playing back the Blu-Ray mkv via Media-Browser in 1080p and HD Audio issue-free. I was certain I triedd before and replicated the stuttering. Given that the issue on Xbox One is purely HD Audio in mkv, and the official feedback on the MP release in November is making this the top request, I feel we may see this resolved on Xbox medium term as well.

So this is slowing me down on the server upgrade side, as Transcoding could be a non-issue. I'll concentrate on TV & DVD digitising anyway, and retain Blu-Ray movies as disc playback in the interim, whilst I see if I can address the MCE playback picture quality issue.

Edited by kougei