MediaBrowser with XBOX 360 Client

macmilm

Hi,

Would you like me to provide any further responses to the XBOX from either MB3 or another Media Server.

If I can help in any other way please ask.

Cheers,

Matt

At this point analysis and comparison with working setups is needed more so than additional logs. You might also consider using wireshark to monitor any non-http traffic in case there are some differences there.

Will see if wireshark gleans anything. Not sure if you missed the 2 attachments above Luke but these are not logs but actual responses to the 360 I captured from network traffic.

One was MB3's response to the XBOX poll and the otther another Media Server which the 360 successfully showed.

Would not comparing these 2 files (to see the differences) give the info you require ???? (There are a few differences easily seen)

Forgive me if I am being naive here ;-)

If you would like more diggin let me know.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
ToNIX

Bumping this old thread, any update on the Xbox 360 issue?

I can't see my Emby server in the "System video player" on my Xbox 360, but my Emby server can see the Xbox.

jordy

The only way i have been able to get my xbox 360 to work acceptably is to install Emby Classic for xbox360 on the server (W7x64Ult). Run WMC and Emby classic on the xbox and use Emby Android on my phone as a remote control. The Xbox WMC inteface is way too slow to use with xbox remotes. Play back is flawless and the Android app provides sufficient control to stop, pause, start and rewind etc, the position slider also works well.

Just a note. if you go this way, do not try the volume controls in Emby Andriod - it will lock everything up, sometimes requiring a reboot... And, one more thing, do not use the DLNA connection to the xbox - it doesn't work very well - at least not for me anyway

cheers

Edited by jordy

paulsalter

Would like to get this working also, tried a week ago changes all sorts of different options but could not get it to work

I don't know anything about the profiles, but if you compare it to the xbox one profile its totally different

it seems to advertise to the One that it is an Emby server, but on the 360 seems to identify itself as an MS product

the 360 profile looks like its setup purely for WMC on the 360 end, so its not seeing it

I have some spare time at the weekend so will have another try through all the settings, don't know what I am doing so mostly trial and error and comparing to other profiles

chef

Would like to get this working also, tried a week ago changes all sorts of different options but could not get it to work

I don't know anything about the profiles, but if you compare it to the xbox one profile its totally different

it seems to advertise to the One that it is an Emby server, but on the 360 seems to identify itself as an MS product

the 360 profile looks like its setup purely for WMC on the 360 end, so its not seeing it

I have some spare time at the weekend so will have another try through all the settings, don't know what I am doing so mostly trial and error and comparing to other profiles

Paul, you have Xbox one working nicely? dont mean to switch the subject to another console, but I am having trouble a with Xbox one.

Stuttering playback, and I have to try at least three times to "play to" from my mobile web client interface before the playback "sticks".

Edited by chef

paulsalter

Paul, you have Xbox one working nicely? dont mean to switch the subject to another console, but I am having trouble a with Xbox one.

Stuttering playback, and I have to try at least three times to "play to" from my mobile web client interface before the playback "sticks".

Sorry no, I don't have the One, didn't mean to confuse

What I have been trying is looking at the profile settings for the One and trying to put similar entries into the 360 profile to get the 360 one to work

I do get stutter on the 360 if I use play to, for me this seems like the frame rate, my files have this set to 25, which works fine on everything except xbox, the xbox seems to use the US framerates, so I get a bit of stutter, xbox frame rate is stuck at 60, and should be 50 for uk, not sure if its similar for you in canada

• Like 1

chef

Perhaps I should look into my settings further.

You have offered some good information there. Thank you.

ToNIX

The only way i have been able to get my xbox 360 to work acceptably is to install Emby Classic for xbox360 on the server (W7x64Ult). Run WMC and Emby classic on the xbox and use Emby Android on my phone as a remote control. The Xbox WMC inteface is way too slow to use with xbox remotes. Play back is flawless and the Android app provides sufficient control to stop, pause, start and rewind etc, the position slider also works well.

Just a note. if you go this way, do not try the volume controls in Emby Andriod - it will lock everything up, sometimes requiring a reboot... And, one more thing, do not use the DLNA connection to the xbox - it doesn't work very well - at least not for me anyway

cheers

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, running WMC is out of question. I don't have it installed... and don't want to install it.

I have Plex server installed and it works great to stream on the Xbox 360 "System video player", but I want to switch  to Emby (I have a thing or open source programs). Maybe in a future update everything will work as it should.

dailen

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, running WMC is out of question. I don't have it installed... and don't want to install it.

I have Plex server installed and it works great to stream on the Xbox 360 "System video player", but I want to switch  to Emby (I have a thing or open source programs). Maybe in a future update everything will work as it should.

I hate to say it but the lack of a "true" XBox app is a dealbreaker for me too. Long time fan of Plex but DYING to make the jump but my kids use the Xbox a lot to watch movies. Would love to see a true xbox app soon!

I hate to say it but the lack of a "true" XBox app is a dealbreaker for me too. Long time fan of Plex but DYING to make the jump but my kids use the Xbox a lot to watch movies. Would love to see a true xbox app soon!

Either an app or make the videos accessible through the video player.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Do we happen to have any update on this?

Still Emby version 3.0.6000.0 is able to see XBOX 360 but not vice versa.

Has there been any update for this?

Unfortunately, due to Windows 10 on my laptop there is no possibility to utilize the Emby plugin for WMC.

Is there any other solution or work around?

Regards,

Giorgos