no videoplayback

zakraket
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

zakraket

I have just installed MBC3 with the MB-server on the same machines. My movies are on a NAS. I have pointed the library to a UNC path (\\server\share\path) and MBC3 sees all the movies.

However, I can't playback MKV movies from the library. I get an error saying (translated from dutch):

"Video can't be played. FIle not found. Check for correct path. If the path is correct the video is not on that location or the source is offline."

I have Sharks codec pack installed which plays every possible format with problems in WMP, and it used to work perfectly under MB2. I also tried the CCCP-codec pack, same problem.

Windows 7, ArcsoftTMT6, VirtualClonedrive. No other software on the HTPC.

Since MBTheater is not available yet I'm stuck to WMC. I have seen the tutorial on LAV on this forum, but I'm hoping that I won't have to go through that extensive process since playing video outside WMC works without problems. Sharkscodec pack is a lot simpler ...

ISO-playback works btw

Btw, I switched to MBC3 because every now and then MB2 loses the library (in those cases it looks just like when you don't have a networkconnection, although that works perfectly) and I can't get it back for weeks.

So going back to MB2 is not an option at the moment.

edit: it seems a codec/MKV related problem, since a homevideo AVI-file does playback when I place it in the library.

Edited by zakraket

If you follow the tutorial for the Lav filters,it is a very seamless setup with nothing to configure,what I am saying it works straight out of the "box"

I used to use Shark and CCCP and could not get DTS-MA to work no matter what I tried but installed Lav and as said eveything was so simple it worked straight away with no tinkering.

Try Lav you will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

• Solution

This is definitely a codec problem.  Please let us know when you have it resolved so we can close this.

I also suggest you try LAV. It is much simpler and more reliable than the other options.

zakraket

Okay, it works now. I can't play MKV outside WMC now, but that's not a big problem.

The tutorial was easy indeed (why does the first page tell otherwise ? ) :) Mostly just standard install and pressing a few buttons.