Newbee: File Format Questions

AndreasChen

AndreasChen

Hello, new to the community.

Just installed MB3 on Ubuntu-based NAS trying to replace PLEX. Have trouble with a lot of older video files. Problems are:

They play under Firefox, but the progress bar is not in action... always full and not dragable.

They do not play on Android... tried external player and saw a stream.ts to be downloaded.

Do I miss any sort of video decoder on Ubuntu? I installed ubuntu-restricted-extras and all these videos play correctly in Totem...

Thanks for any advise.

Vidman

Check in the web client if these video files have media/codec info , I believe if the media info is not able to be determined it will cause issues similar to what you are experiencing

Edited by Vidman

AndreasChen

Check in the web client if these video files have media/codec info , I believe if the media info is not able to be determined it will cause issues similar to what you are experiencing

Indeed there is no codec info. What can I do to make MB3 able to handle a larger codec set? Thanks!

check the server log. perhaps the media analysis failed. the log path is listed on the front page of the server dashboard

AndreasChen

check the server log. perhaps the media analysis failed. the log path is listed on the front page of the server dashboard

Too hard to sort through so many lines, but did see "Error - App: ffmpeg is missing encoder libx265"

AndreasChen

Found the problem is mostly due to file names... didn't know MB3 was so intorelant to special characters but now I know how to walk around.