#1 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1851 posts
  • Local time: 05:24 PM
  • Locationuk

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Specials (S00E01 tested in particular) have a propensity to appear too soon in the next up calculation.

Assuming, for testing, saved changes to the attributes -  airs before/after season/episode,  are reread after a library scan

I have an S00E01 which i can not get to NOT appear 1st for a completely unwatched show under next up...The correct location should be at end of season 1.

But S00E01 stubbornly shows up in next up.

Possibly related to this http://mediabrowser....ext#entry150785

From TVDB Wiki

airsafter_season

An unsigned integer indicating the season number this episode comes after. This field is only available for special episodes. Can be null.

airsbefore_episode

An unsigned integer indicating the episode number this special episode airs before. Must be used in conjunction with airsbefore_season, do not with airsafter_season. This field is only available for special episodes. Can be null.

airsbefore_season

An unsigned integer indicating the season number this special episode airs before. Should be used in conjunction with airsbefore_episode for exact placement. This field is only available for special episodes. Can be null.

FWIW my expectations as a user would be

Specials with [airs before season]=blank,[airs after season]=blank, [airs before episode]=blank - would never appear on next up...they are special interest episodes that dont form part of the flow of watching eg. making of show type specials, as opposed to a Christmas Special which should be marked to appear in the order of watching...as it forms part of the story.

Specials with either [airs before season] or [airs after season]  - would appear on next up in the order of [Airs after Season]=1 would Come before [Airs Before Season]=2

so Season 1 Episodes < Airs After Season 1 Episodes < Airs Before Season 2 Episodes

Airs before episode is a bit of a mystery as to what is being referenced to..to avoid ambiguity it presumably means for eg Airs Before Season=2, Airs Before Episode=5....

of all the specials that are tagged as such ( [air before season]=2), the position of this special is AFTER those specials with [Airs Before Season]=2 and with [Airs Before Episode]<5, and BEFORE  specials with [Airs Before Season]=2 and with [Airs Before Episode]>5. It should not be allowed for two episodes to have the same Airs Before Season/Episode Pair. It also shouldnt be possible for Airs before Episode to be populated and Airs before Season to not be populated, but if this was the case,  then I think MB3 should not consider the episode part of next up in any case (The metadata needs correcting on tvdb).

Edited by ginjaninja, 24 January 2015 - 07:44 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: specials, next up, tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users