Kodi with Mediabrowser plugin stream to smart tv using Upnp/DLNA

Joulester

Joulester

Hi guys! I have looked and didn't find anything about this. So my problem is this. with kodi/xbmc you can choose an option "play using" when you right click on a movie and you can stream to an other device using dlna/upnp. I would like to do this but with the mediabrowser plugin for kodi. Is there a solution for this or something that is worth taking a look on?

Vidman

My first question is why would you like to do this? Media browser has allot of remote play to options why do you need to do it thru kodi?

Joulester

Becuse I have problem with playing movies that are packed in .rar files and the only solution to that are either unpack or play with Kodi. and im a big fan of kodi to so i would like to have that feature :). Do you think that is possible? 

Joulester

So you mean that I only send it to an other device and not streaming it to an other deceive? then I think I need an other solution on how to stream rar files to a smart tv. thanks for fast answer :)

Deihmos

Wouldn't it just be easier to extract the video from rar? Doesn't your client automatically do this? Playing video in rar is something that was done over 10 years ago and I can't imagine why anyone would still do it.

There aren't many players that understand media within archive files. That puts you in the position you're in now of not being able to play anything until you can convince your media player of choice to support it. So yes I think he's suggesting some practicality which is good advice.

Joulester

Thank you! then i got an answer to my question and will move on with my problems. do you guys know a auto unpacking program?