Questions about the new MBS Build

godbodian

godbodian

After the whole mixed folder and long library scan situations, MBS was running fine. So I felt comfortable putting MBS on Beta, as that's the update setting I most regularly utilize. I believe sometime within the last week the Devs provided another build from that "official" build where users much like myself, had to reorganize and restructure their libraries. That new Beta build appears to have created some undesirable situations but honestly at this point, I don't know. I'm backtracking to the previous build but before I do, I wanted to leave the Devs some info. I'll also wait til later on tonight, in case you guys need some logs or something.

(I am running a HTPC w/ MBS & MBC through multiple Xbox 360 extenders, all issues are via the extenders.)

• Some videos do not play whereas before they did. They are usually are MP4 containers with AVC/ACC/AC3 codecs.
    (H264's usually play fine.)
  • Those videos often cycle to play but show blank screen and a full but un-started play position of the movie. (ie. 0:00 --|--|--|--|-- 2:45)
  • Continued attempts at playing those movies lead to mixed results. Sometimes they end up playing, others they don't.
  • These videos also cause fatal crashes in the extenders, if attempted too often or attempted via remote. Although they do often play via DLNA.
  • Using the subtitle feature of MBS provides subtitles but within extender I don't know if their away to turn them off so, I've had to delete them all and disable that feature but although that feature is disabled and all files are deleted within MBC some media folders show subtitles that are not present.
  • This issue is unique as when the system operated at what I'd consider peak efficiency, this situation was present. When watching a movie or something of a considerable time, once the film is finished if I go back within the extender to choose another film, MBS/MBC apparently freezes after that initial "back" press. This isn't constant meaning every time but it is consistent, meaning an often happening situation.

SIDE NOTE: The extenders don't play .mkv well, so all of my library has been translated into .mp4 containers and .avi files. When I receive a .mkv file I utilize mkvcleaver and mp4box gui to convert it unless it's huge or laden with issues at which point I use avidemux or handbrake. So while the codecs have an effect, I'm sure, I've also have each of these issues with the .mp4 container and H264/ACC/AC3 codecs as well.

Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

There has not been a beta release since 5490.2.  Only dev releases.  What version are you running?

If you are using MBC for playback then, unless there is an access or configuration problem, the server is not involved in playback at all.  So any playback issues would be codec or content related.