can't restore users

Longrifle

Longrifle

I recently had to reformat my PC, I was able to restore from back up using the restore plug-in, the only thing that does not restore is the users.

I can see all the user names when I go to restore in the plug-in but after performing the resotre only the new install admin account shows up in users.

do I need to post a log file for this?

Okay, it looks like maybe it crashed during the restore.  Do you happen to have the server log from when you did that operation?

Yes that looks like the right log but I cannot see what caused the problem.  It just stopped doing the restore after the first user was recreated.  I see lots of errors but they are all related to the inability to find the library paths that were probably just restored.  I don't see the backup actually causing an error but it just kinda stopped...

Longrifle

how long does a restore take?  when I did the restore, there was a message " the server will restart when complete"  but I actually never noticed the server restarting... so after about 2min, I manually restored the server.

Well, you might have shut it down in the middle of the restore then.  But, it really only should take a few seconds...