Library loss on server restart (fresh install)

Yann

Hello,

I have been using a MB server for many months and I am now setting up a new server (version 3.0.5490.2) because of a bug I've recently encountered.

My movies and metadata are stored on a network drive (synology NAS) and my computer hasn't changed. I only reinstalled MB Server. But now I have a problem that I have never encoutered before. Each time I restart the server, I cannot see my media library until I do a scan.

I have joined my logs to this message. Prior to these logs, I have configured my server, done a full library scan and restarted.

When the server starts, I can't see any of my movies in my library. But I can see a backdrop image. If I decide to rescan my library, things are back to normal and I can see and play my medias. Things will work until I decide to restart the server. Then, my data will be gone again until I scan my media library again.

I have tried to set an automatic library scan on server startup, but it is not a viable solution since my playstates are lost each time. I'm not sure if they are lost during the scan or during the server restart.

In these logs, you will see that I have Trakt and AutoBoxSets installed. But I had this problem before installing them. So the plugins are not responsible for my problem.

Any idea about what's happening?

Thanks a lot!

server-63557372513.txt

The scan on start up should be there by default.  If you deleted it, I can see how this might happen.

If a library scan is altering your play states, I would be sure you haven't enabled the option to import play states from nfo files without having proper states in those files...

You're right the scan on start up was enabled by default. I disabled it when trying to find a solution to my problem with the intention to put it back later.

I'm trying to find this option you are talking about but without much success :/ I suppose it's somewhere under Metadata?