Bleach (Anime Series)

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I ran into something strange this morning that is quite different from any other issue I have had in the past. Last night I loaded the first five seasons of the anime series, Bleach to my media library. This morning when I got up I went through the normal routine of making sure that everything looked right from overnight adds. The show appeared with the proper cover poster and with the proper series description. But the season and episode info remained blank. Looking in the metadata manager, all the episodes were still just listed as their file names in the following format:

Bleach.s01e01

In the folder it would look like this:

Z:\Anime Series\Bleach\Season 1\Bleach.s01e01

What's really throwing me though, is that the image fetcher still went and found images for all the episodes. Yet even those aren't quite right. The first 20 episode (season 1) are the correct image, but the first episode of season 2 (episode 21) has the image for episode 26. It then continues to put the wrong picture to the episode, but is still being sequential about it (i.e. 27 for 22, 28 for 23). Later, it skips again, but continues to stay sequential.

Now, I've gone through and tried to force an update at the show level, telling it to replace all existing metadata, but nothing changes. I checked the TVDb and TheMovieDb websites, and they both agree with each other and have the correct info, so it's not a matter of the scraper looking at the sites and being fed improper information. What's more, if I open a specific episode in the metadata manager, there is no option to identify listed at the top. The only place I can make alterations using "identify" is at the show level.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this odd behaviour?  :huh:

Edit:

I went through and deleted everything in the file folders except for the episodes themselves and then re-scraped the show. Show and season levels look fine, but episodes are still coming back without metadata and with the exact same wrong images attached again. This is going to drive the OCD part of me nuts! :wacko:

Edited by TolkienBard

SHSPVR

Not uncommon it happing just manuel edit in the Metadata Manage

Most likely it set wrong look close lee at

Name:

Season number:

Episode number:
Be sure you click on save button at end of the page or it will not save the update info
I number TV series do this

And right web site for TV series come from thetvdb.com not themoviedb.com

Edited by SHSPVR

You mention that the first episode of season 2 is episode 21. Is your file named s01e21, or s02e01? As Media Browser is pulling the show information out of the TVDB, it will only normally recognise it correctly if you use the same season and episode numbers as TVDB.

Are you trying this with or without the Anime plugin?

TolkienBard

You mention that the first episode of season 2 is episode 21. Is your file named s01e21, or s02e01? As Media Browser is pulling the show information out of the TVDB, it will only normally recognise it correctly if you use the same season and episode numbers as TVDB.

Are you trying this with or without the Anime plugin?

I use the normal episode tagging scheme of:

Anime TV/show/season/show name.sXXeXX

For this one it was: Bleach.s02e01

That is actually episode 21 (the shows are actually sequentially numbered with a splash screen as part of the opening). But the image displayed was for episode 26. I do have the anime plugin.

TolkienBard

Well, I'm not sure at all what fixed the problem. Maybe I just had to look at it funny long enough. Anyway, I went through and re-installed the anime plugin, I completely wiped the series off the browser, I restarted the server and then I reloaded everything. Now suddenly, everything is working just peachy again. I'm beginning to think I have digital gremlins living inside my machine. They exist solely to create enough havoc to push me to ask for help, just so I can look like an idiot after the fact, because as soon as I ask, they stop fidgeting.