Windows Server Service Keep Stopping

SqueezeMyMonkey

SqueezeMyMonkey

I have MBS to run as service and started the service then logged out of the account.  It ran for a couple of hours then stopped.  I have to log into the server to start it up again.  It keep doing this for a couple of days already.  I'm not sure what stopped the service.  Anyone has an idea how to resolve this?  Thanks.

Same issue for me over the last week.

My latest log:

http://pastebin.com/r3CQApQK

Also no matter what I try - I can't get the latest update to finish installing.  My dashboard always says

The following components have been installed or updated:

MBServer (3.0.5490.2)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

The restart button is non-responsive.  Manually restarting does not change anything.

Advice?  I guess the next thing to try is a full uninstall and re-install.  But thought I'd chime in here first.

Thanks.

Same issue for me over the last week.

My latest log:

http://pastebin.com/r3CQApQK

Also no matter what I try - I can't get the latest update to finish installing.  My dashboard always says

The following components have been installed or updated:

MBServer (3.0.5490.2)

Please restart the server to finish applying updates.

The restart button is non-responsive.  Manually restarting does not change anything.

Advice?  I guess the next thing to try is a full uninstall and re-install.  But thought I'd chime in here first.

Thanks.

try just installing the latest on top of your current version.

Thanks WarrenH, That did the trick.

Actually at first the installation failed - got a windows error message about the setup not being able to delete a backup folder. 

AppData-Roaming-MediaBrowser-Server-System.old

So I went in and deleted the folder manually, then the 2nd attempt at the install worked.

• 8 months later...
Starlionblue

I am having the same issue lately. The service just stops after a few minutes. I've tried reinstalling but no success. I finally gave up and had Emby autostart on login as per the Advanced options but I much prefer the service.

The only change I can think of is that I have a new Emby Classic client on the network. Find logs here. A lot of them have the word "unhandled" in the filename.

Any help much appreciated.