Any interest in modding Black Glass Nova?

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Hey guys,

I was looking at some of the skins now available for Helix and came across Black Glass Nova. It's another mod of a Media Portal skin and I think it looks awesome. I even set up some home screen items to pull from the MB Addon but there is so much missing since it's not an official mod.

Anyone interested in doing a mod of this one? Or if someone wants to send me detailed "how to" on modding a skin I would be willing to give it a shot. I have done minimal modding of xml files but not sure how much of an undertaking it would be.

Here is a link to the Helix Mod: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=208

-Jason

im85288

Hey @@jasonmcroy - Good to see some interest in porting another skin across, I took a look and it didn't really do it for me but that's the thing with skins...personal choice! The BIG one gaining a lot of attention seems to be Bello, there's even been a lot of discussion in the Kodi threads about ditching Confluence (many say it is outdated and I agree) with Bello in the future.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to help with queries you have but there's no detailed spoon feeding available I'm afraid. If you've had a shot at modding xml files already then your half way there. It will be a lot of work, but obviously it's worth it in the end :)

I've pointed others in the same direction and that is to look at some of the skins I modded for MediaBrowser such as Eminence or Aeon MQ5, both of those have just the bare minimal added to make them compatible and the github locations are in the appropriate theme threads.

All others I've pointed at the github have failed to make the mod, so I'm presuming it initially looks quite daunting. But stick with it and if your willing to put in the work and time you'll definitely reach your goal.

Cheers

jasonmcroy

Thanks for your response. I may check out Bello later tonight too and see if I like it.

I will also look at some of your mods and see if it looks like something I could wrap my head around doing it. I know you guys put a lot of work into these skins. I would love to be able to as well.

-Jason

• Like 1