Introduction and concern

JoeyMuyo

JoeyMuyo

Greetings,

I have been using media browser for some time now and love it. I am happy to see where this project is going and if I could code I would certainly be helping.

But I have noticed something about the forum and I want to make sure it isn't just my systems.

I have tested this on multiple PCs in and outside of my network. Occasionally when I google search for something, say for instance "mediabrowser FreeNAS" and click on the media browser community link I get redirected to a url4short.info page. This has happened with multiple mediabrowser pages. I first thought it was my PC so did the usual scans, MBAM, Adwcleaner, RKill, Zoek, Tron and so on. All came back clean apart from the usual cookies and the like.

I think noticed this on a freshly installed PC. Same redirection. Then I did the same searches on my work PCs in a controlled environment (I work in IT) and the same redirect happened.

Going directly to mediabrowser.tv/community never redirects by the way.

Scanned all PCs again and everything is clean.

I apologise if this is a repeated topic or it is already being dealt with but I suspect someone might want to look at the forum. I also apologise if I am completely wrong and somehow got all of my PCs infected which I really hope isn't the case as I might as well hand in my IT credentials now!  :P

EDIT: Also realised there is a thread for forum issues so my bad!

Edited by JoeyMuyo
  • Like 1