DateAdded bug?

techywarrior

techywarrior

This just started happening recently (since around December) but the timeline doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I don't recall the previous stable releasing at that time.

I have added a few movies in the last month and some of them have the correct DateAdded time in the NFO and some are completely off.

I added two movies on January 11. The folder creation date is 1/11/2015, file creation date is 1/11/2015... DateAdded in the NFO is 2015-01-23. That date is in the future!

I added a movie on January 9. Folder date is 1/9/2015, file creation date is 1/9/2015... DateAdded is 2014-01-08 !!!

I have no idea where it is getting those dates from. This certainly used to work perfectly before but now it's completely messed up.

I have/had MBS set to use the file creation date but I think I am going to change it to the date it scans it into the library. Hopefully that helps.

My file server is running unRAID but the date/time on that machine is correct and Windows is showing the dates and times on the file and folder creation correctly.

It happens on TV also. I reported the problem in this forum a week or two ago, but no one seemed interested at the time.

Edited by jwill

• 4 weeks later...
techywarrior

So, I have since changed the date added setting to be "date scanned into library".... and it STILL DOESN'T work. What I don't understand is that this worked forever but now basically every movie/file I add has the wrong date. I've checked Windows time and I checked the actual file dates. Nothing matches the time that MBS says it added it to the library.

Movie was added 2/14/2015 11:32pm. Metadata, images, even a trailer were all added within minutes... MBS says that date added was 2/17/15 7:20am. Once again it's a date in the future and doesn't even make sense if there was an incorrect timezone or something.

By any chance is the date being entered in the NFO the date it's released to BluRay, DVD or movie theaters?

techywarrior

Nope. These are movies that I purchased in DVD and ripped so it can't be those dates either. And it's always dates in the future.

Can you give us a couple of movies names as they are on your system.  Should be easy to reproduce or test on another system this way.

Carlo

techywarrior

Can you give us a couple of movies names as they are on your system.  Should be easy to reproduce or test on another system this way.

Carlo

Sure.

I don't have the exact dateAdded times in the NFO anymore because I changed them but the last two movies I added I think had very similar dateAdded times (another reason it wouldn't have been a release date or similar).

Last movie I added:

Movie Name: Get on Up

Year: 2014

Folder name: Get on Up (2014) [tmdbid=239566]

File/Folder created date: 2/14/2015 11:21pm

Scanned into library: 2/14/2015 11:31pm

NFO Date Added: 2/17/15 7:20am

At the time this happened 2/17 was in the future!

I have this on my system and added it 2/4

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<movie>

<plot>In his follow-up to the four-time Academy Award®-nominated blockbuster The Help, Tate Taylor directs 42’s Chadwick Boseman as James Brown in Get on Up. Based on the incredible life story of the Godfather of Soul, the film will give a fearless look inside the music, moves and moods of Brown, taking audiences on the journey from his impoverished childhood to his evolution into one of the most influential figures of the 20th century. Boseman is joined in the drama by Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, Nelsan Ellis, Lennie James, Tika Sumpter, Jill Scott and Dan Aykroyd.</plot>

<outline>A chronicle of James Brown's rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history.</outline>

<lockdata>false</lockdata>

<dateadded>2014-12-25 12:47:55</dateadded>

<title>Get on Up</title>

<originaltitle>Get on Up</originaltitle>

<director>Tate Taylor</director>

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=Gyl4Q-sPFv8</trailer>

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=_Pe53R2ocSs</trailer>

<rating>7</rating>

<year>2014</year>

<mpaa>PG-13</mpaa>

<imdbid>tt2473602</imdbid>

<tmdbid>239566</tmdbid>

<premiered>2014-08-01</premiered>

<releasedate>2014-08-01</releasedate>

I use the actual file date as my added date.

So that begs the question.  If you look at the media file itself, what is the date/time?

techywarrior

Not sure what you are asking. I listed both the file/folder creation date in the previous post as well as the time it scanned into the library (I have it set to use the library scan time because I started having problems with the last server release using the file date).

File/Folder created date: 2/14/2015 11:21pm (this is the date listed in Windows for the file and folder's creation date)

Scanned into library: 2/14/2015 11:31pm (the time that MBS scanned the file into the library)

NFO Date Added: 2/17/15 7:20am (the date listed in the NFO file for the dateadded XML tag)