Mediabrowser missing seasons

XenapZ

Hey guys!

I just started using Mediabrowser and for some reaseon I can only see one or a couple of the seasons from each show.

I use the same library for Kodi and it displays every season fine, do I need to set up my folders in a different way for Mediabrowser to see them?

Right now its TV Shows\Walking Dead\Season 1\Episode 1.

AdrianW

Episodes need to be numbered according to this guide.

But generally episodes need the season number including somewhere - the most common formats are S01E01 or 1x01. 

If you need a quick way to insert a season number into a bunch of episodes all in one go - then renamer is a very useful tool.

Edited by AdrianW

Episodes need to be numbered according to this guide.

But generally episodes need the season number including somewhere - the most common formats are S01E01 or 1x01. 

If you need a quick way to insert a season number into a bunch of episodes all in one go - then renamer is a very useful tool.

Sorry I was a little quick in writing it. The episodes are named exactly as they where when I downloaded them, like: The Walking Dead S01E01 REPACK 720p HDTV x264-KILLERS

Edited by XenapZ

AdrianW

Maybe show us some examples of episode names that don't display and the file structure above them.

Have you run the Scan Media Library task to completion?

Maybe show us some examples of episode names that don't display and the file structure above them.

Have you run the Scan Media Library task to completion?

Im not at home right now but ill post when I get back. I have run the Scan Media task several times though and they dont show up and the same filestructure works fine in Kodi.

Is there maybe a plugin or something I need to install to play rar-files?

AdrianW

I think rar file playback is a relatively new feature for MediaBrowser - follow this screenshot to enable it:

BzKp8WC.png

• Like 1

the only client that can play videos in zip or rar files is Kodi

Damn thats to bad, i love Kodi but it would be so convienient to be able to play my files from any webbrowser. Is this something that might be possible in the future?

AdrianW

Obvious question (and it's been asked in other similar threads) - why not simply extract the videos from the rar files?

Obvious question (and it's been asked in other similar threads) - why not simply extract the videos from the rar files?

Well its a question about seeding and storage. I usually seed my downloads for months at a time and if I want to continue doing so I would haveto have twice as much storage since I cant continue to seed the extracted copy. 

I also have automatic downloads on all my favoriteshows and just check kodi for new episodes. If it didnt play rar that function would be kinda pointless since I would still haveto extract every copy once its been downloaded.

Another reason is that if a download becomes corrupted I would only need to download maybe one or two parts of the release and not the whole thing.

I also have about 8-9 TB of rared files and it would take forever to extract all of it.

Thats just some of the reasons but I bet there is 100s of more, is there any reason to extract them other then the fact that mediabrowser cant support rar?

Edited by XenapZ

well the reason would be that it's more universally supported by applications, not just us.

we may well end up supporting playback within rars and zips but it all depends on what we feel the demand is from users.

I hope so because I think that the concept behind this program is awsome and would love to use it but no rar-playback is a definite dealbreaker for me, am I really so alone in thinking this?

I just assumed no one extracted their rar-files any more since most of the bigger players support it but I guess I was wrong there.

I will probobly continue using this through Kodi though but the browser function would be great for when Im visiting friends and I just wanna turn on a movie at once.

Do you guys know of a similar program to Mediabrowser that support rar-playback in the browser?

Edit: Or is there maybe some thirdparty program that could temporarly extract the requested show for Mediabrowser?

Edited by XenapZ