Forced subtitle issues

ghostguy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ghostguy

forced subtitles are not being displayed on any viewer  (iPad, web browser, MBT)

I have settings for "get only forced subtitles"

I coud do screen shots of setting if it helps

thoughts?

MBT Version 3.0.5490.2

Edited by ghostguy

ghostguy

I was more referring to the feature that went out on sites (opensubtitles) to get the subtitle data when scrubbing the library

I could do a manual search and add an example if that would be a help

Edited by ghostguy

Starkadius

Hm are you saying that opensubtitles now supports forced tag searching? If so that is very nice.

This post describes how opensubtitles does not have the capability to fetch only forced/foreign but was a requested feature. Maybe that has changed recently.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7772-question-about-subtitles

yea if we're talking about downloading open subtitles does not officially support this, at least as of last i checked a few months ago. so what might be happening is the subs are downloading but nothing is displaying because you've configured it to only display forced.

What kind of videos are you trying?

If you want to convert iTunes M4V movie to plain MP4 with multi-language subtitles preserved, this tutorial would be helpful to you. 

All I know, it can also help you to preserve 5.1 audio track to enjoy on home TV.

http://tune4mac.com/mac-itunes-video-converter-platinum/convert-itunes-movies-with-subtitles-and-cc-preserved.html

ghostguy

OK maybe I miss understood the purpose

What i assumed the subtitles feature meant was the following:

Movie library is scrapped for metadata this includes subtitles.  If subtitles are  not found it gets them for you.  because i've only selected english subs that means it gets english subs for scenes that aren't in english

if i'm incorrect, does that mean i need to manually go through all my movies and search the the forced subtitle .srt via google or what have you,  then place it in the movies folder,  then in theory MBS should display it int he appropriate scene IE  captain american speaking german,  Godfather speaking Italian,  Rise of the planet apes speaking......ape?

• Solution

The downloading and displaying of subtitles are two independent and unrelated functions. you are downloading english subs which is probably succeeding, but they are full subtitle tracks not marked as forced. then your display settings say forced only so that is why you're not seeing subtitles.

i hear what you're asking for but open subtitles doesn't have an option to download forced subtitles. hopefully they'll add it in the future, and/or we'll add more download sources.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
blankstar85

Not bringing up a dead thread, But looking at opensubtitles, there appears to be a filter now for foreign part only in advanced search. foreignpartsonly.png

Alright ignore, me!  Doesn't look like its available in the API search, just the web search. BOO. Lol, Would love to have this!

Edited by blankstar85