Guidance on Auto-Organise, please

Macburp

Macburp

So I've just set up auto-organise for the first time as I try to automate adding content to the library.

My question is - how strict is the regex the server uses for episode naming?

The regex is currently set as - 

%s.n.S%0sE%0e.720p.%ext

However I do know that there will be other characters in the file-name. Will MB ignore these, or is the regex very literal.

Forgive me for asking, I checked the wiki and searched the forum and found nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.

yes i think you are mis-understanding. the pattern is the output name, not the input. As far as the input we recognize, it's anything  listed in the tv naming guide.

• Like 1

Vidman

Is it possible to add year of show premier to the regex eg for archer my episodes are named Archer (2009) - SxxExx - title can i set auto organise to continue this naming scheme?

Macburp

yes i think you are mis-understanding. the pattern is the output name, not the input. As far as the input we recognize, it's anything  listed in the tv naming guide.

So, are you saying that so long as the input file name contains the show name and the season/ep numbers as per the wiki, the server renames the file and moves it to the right place in the library? Just to be sure.

Very cool.