Auto Organize Fails

wiretap
Go to solution Solved by yardameus,

wiretap

I am running MediaBrowser Server Version 3.0.5490.2 and I just tried to set it up to monitor my downloads folder in order to auto organize my TV shows. It looks like it tries to run, then gets an error. I just have my "P:" drive set as the watch folder, which receives my new show downloads. See below:

54bac2ed01cb8_autoorganizeerror.png

Is this some sort of permissions error, or is there a known issue with this build of MBS? I have everything else running successfully and no other errors, and all the HTPC's are happy connected to the server with fast access to all my media. Any pointers would be helpful. :)

EDIT: I remember a few years ago with Media Center Master I ran into a similar error when using their auto-organizer. I know they released a patch that ignored the System Volume Information / Recycle Bin hidden folders on the drive and that fixed it. Maybe an update is needed.

As far as my logs.. this is the only thing I see related when it fires off the task:

2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Organize new media files
2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Info - App: Executing Organize new media files
2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Error - App: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5490.2
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Access to the path 'P:\System Volume Information' is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)
	   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.TvFolderOrganizer.GetFilesToOrganize(String path)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
	   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.FileOrganization.TvFolderOrganizer.<Organize>d__9.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<>c__DisplayClassf.<<ExecuteTask>b__e>d__11.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<Execute>d__6.MoveNext()

2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Info - App: Organize new media files Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Debug - NotificationManager: Sending notification via Dashboard Notifications to user Administrator
2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message NotificationAdded
2015-01-17 15:12:06.7602 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
Edited by wiretap

• Solution
yardameus

Maybe not what you would want to do, but couldn't you just make a folder in the P: drive, say Downloads, and have everything go into that folder?  I think there would be no issues monitoring that folder.  

• Like 1

wiretap

I'll give that a try. I think it may be getting tripped up on trying to read hidden system folders on the root of the drive.

• Like 1

wiretap

That was it. I got it working now. It appears MediaBrowser does not like monitoring the root folder of a drive. I created a subfolder for it to monitor and it works perfectly now. Maybe we can have a bug report submitted for this to be fixed.