Cant edit external id's on some

G2T

In the metadata manager I have some folders that are blank under external id's.  The problem is I can't manually set them to the correct IMDb id because I don't have the option to add it. Any way to correct this?

Beardyname

Means they are not recognized as a movie, in the editor set the movies folder to movie.

Since i'm guessing you are running mixed.

• Like 1

It's actually not mixed, I've got one media folder for movies and one for shows.  The Movies folder is generally all good, there is one folder that does not have the movie camera symbol next to it and that one I could not specify an IMDb ID if I wanted to.  Don't know how to go about fixing that.  I guess the problem is with the shows folder...what I've done is setup a folder under my shows for documentaries and kids.  I didn't want these kid shows and weird documentaries/music videos to show up in my movie library.  I didn't realize that would end up being a problem when I did it, I don't see why having a folder there would break the chain as far as being able to apply meta data.  So is that not supported and I should just create more media libraries running mixed for these other things.

Happy2Play

there is one folder that does not have the movie camera symbol next to it

The camera symbol represents missing trailer.

what I've done is setup a folder under my shows for documentaries and kids.

In the Metadata Manager are these content types "Inherit"?  If so change them to TV.

If you are still having issues can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Angelblue05

54c1bac3686a8_contenttype.jpg

It is the first line, when you select a folder in the metadata manager. You can change it to specific type you need it to be.

I don't have that Content type field on anything, I noticed you have a delete button, I don't have that either.  I'm logged in as Administrator.