Episode Display Order

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I'm trying to figure out how to make it so that when I pull up a show through one of the many clients, the episodes will actually be displayed in the proper order, as opposed to the DVD order that is defaulted to through thetvdb.

In the metadata section for each episode, there are options for designating differences in aired and absolute order, but I cannot find a way to make the server display according to these as opposed to the standard default. With the vast majority of shows, this is not a problem. However, I have a fairly decent selection of shows where it becomes somewhat problematic, and at least two where it becomes a major issue with making the show watchable with any sort of clear story.

About the only thing I have not tried is intentionally mislabeling the episodes in the folder so that it will put them in the proper order (i.e. labeling episode 1, episode 2 or episode 11, episode 2). I'd rather not do that if at all possible. Is there some other way to get these episodes to display in the proper order? Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

The same problem here. I just reinstalled my pc, and after new installation of MB3 I had to set up my playlists again, The Config Backup plugin didn´t

saved this. Before reinstalling, the sort order was fine. After it, my newly created playlists were not in Episode order as before. Any suggestions?

Jhag