Problems with mixed folders

djlf

Anyone else coming across these issues? After a weeks work rebuilding the library after the mixed folder mess , I'm getting problems with random primary poster images not been seen or disappearing. Also the treat image as..... Has been populated by movie , which has resulted in blank cover art on images ie no dvd or Bluray displayed on a metro style cover. As a result I've had to go through every file and remove movie from treat image as... For every metadata for every movie ( a full day's work!!! ). Mediabrowser has become a pain in the ass now. Had none of these issues ever before. Afraid of what I'm gonna find next. Still don't fully understand this inherit content type structure. Also, adding new series, the second season primary poster images are not auto downloading. Anyone else getting these problems?

Also the treat image as..... Has been populated by movie , which has resulted in blank cover art on images ie no dvd or Bluray displayed on a metro style cover. As a result I've had to go through every file and remove movie from treat image as... 

That would have come from old metadata files you had on your system that were probably created by a third party program.

I think there was a bug fixed recently that is now reading the old "Type" tag in xml files into the DisplayType property where it wasn't before.  This is actually how it was always supposed to work so it is now working properly.  However, I think if you have old metadata files (or maybe other products are even doing this still) they may contain "Movie" in this tag for your movies and this is throwing CA off.

I think I will probably put out a new release of CA to ignore this value if it is "Movie" so all of you with old data don't have to go manually remove it.