Episode metadata detection for TV series

softworkz

Warsen

That's a interesting way to look at it @@softworkz , I suppose that I could be introducing a new bug to existing file detection that exists outside of the unit tests by removing that line that adds '.mp4' to file folder matches, but the only real way to know is to introduce more test cases with the flag 'isFolder" set to true and find out what expression is capturing them & is that expression sufficiently capturing them or do we need to get the regexes which require file extension back on the job.

I am reading that updating the pull request is as simple as me making more commits to my fork-branch. Since it hasn't been accepted yet, I may re-add the code it just to be on the safe side and I also think I want to add code invalidating matches of seasons 200-1927 and seasons 2500+. I'm not a fan of magic numbers, but IMO these are pretty reasonable and no one's fought me on them. It's worked for me during unit tests and when I inserted the release into my Emby installation. If @@Luke is fine with that.

Edited by Warsen

i haven't merged it yet because i'm not really sure what the net difference is from what we have now. if it adds support for more conventions, then make sure to add unit tests for them. if it solves an issue with existing ones, then add unit tests for that too so that i can see the failing cases before and after. thanks.