Windows Server 2012 - problems over network

kougei

Hi there,

I installed Mediabrowser on my Windows Server 2012 foundation.

I can access the application fine on the server at:-

http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/web/index.html

But Mediabrowser classic running under MCE on Windows 8.1 joined and logged onto the domain cannot find server, either auto or specifying IP and Port

Trying the below on the client computer also fails with the normal webpage not found

http://192.168.0.2:8096/mediabrowser/web/index.html

http://192.168.0.2/ alternatively loads the default Windows IIS homepage fine.

The firewall on the server shows port 8096 created as an access rule.

I have tried disabling the firewall on the server, no success, likewise tried enabling Guest account.

I see no obvious errors in the Event Logs.

I think there is some default security or policy in place by default on the Server 2012 installation, but my knowledge of Windows Server is very out-of-date to delve any deeper.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Logos302

try running the configurator and telling MBC where there server is (IP wise).  I'm running 2012 Essentials and I don't remember have any issues connecting to it.  The MBC log will also tell you what issues having, might help solve this issue.

try running the configurator and telling MBC where there server is (IP wise).  I'm running 2012 Essentials and I don't remember have any issues connecting to it.  The MBC log will also tell you what issues having, might help solve this issue.

So logs on the client configurator show:

2015-01-17 09:19:41.1788,Debug,,Attempting to wake server at address 80-EE-73-12-75-18,1,

2015-01-17 09:19:41.1788,Debug,,Wake command sent,1,

2015-01-17 09:19:41.2100,Info,,Using String Data from C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\strings-en.xml,1,

2015-01-17 09:19:41.2257,Debug,,=========System looking for assembly: Newtonsoft.Json,, Version=6.0.0.0,, Culture=neutral,, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed,1,

2015-01-17 09:19:41.2257,Info,,Resolving Newtonsoft.Json,, Version=6.0.0.0,, Culture=neutral,, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed to C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Newtonsoft.Json.dll,1,

2015-01-17 09:19:41.2725,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.0.2:8096/mediabrowser/System/Info/Public?format=Json,1,

2015-01-17 09:20:02.3517,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.0.2:8096/mediabrowser/System/Info/Public?format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=Unable to connect to the remote server Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,

2015-01-17 09:20:02.5861,Warning,,Unable to connect to configured server 192.168.0.2:8096. Will try automatic detection,1,

if you run this command on the server

netstat -ano |find ":8096"

do you get any results?

I get error "FIND: parameter format not correct" in powershell, so guess I'm typing it wrong.

Is the character before find the < | pipe> found as the alternate on the < \ slash> key? 

Beardyname

Just because I amcurious what does /web/ do?

I don't have that myself since it seems i'm getting re-directed to /dashboard/ instead (when typing ip:port/mediabrowser)

Just because I amcurious what does /web/ do?

I don't have that myself since it seems i'm getting re-directed to /dashboard/ instead (when typing ip:port/mediabrowser)

This url I get by right-clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting 'browse library'

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/web/index.html

If I type localhost:8096/mediabrowser into the addressbar on the server I get the same as you:

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html

Thanks all who contributed.

Ultimately, I uninstalled Apps on the server no longer used, and took server roles back to basics. Still no luck.

Then I uninstalled Mediabrowser Server, rebooted.

Fresh Install, and I can now connect fine from clients.

trusselo

works great on my windows server standard 2012. connect via 2 computers in home, multiple mobile devices and use MB Connect to stream to my hotel rooms when travelling for work.  Media browser, media center master and utorrent are the only things running on the machine, it doesnt even have a monitor, i access via RDP.