Help needed with Music only

doddsie

doddsie

Hi All

Its not that I havn't tried to solve this issue...but its driving me mad.

I have had this issue for about 2 months now, I cannot seem to add a music folder (with content type as music) when added it will run fine for close on a day and the when I go to the browser client it will hang with

"There was an error processing the request, please try again later" and then hangs.  When I delete the music folder it is like flicking a switch - and the server will run fine again

I realise this is at my end (no post with similar problem) windows 7 4bit

Things I have tried:

Deleting all Jpgs,nfo's xml etc from the music folder and re-scanned 

I set up a separate server (windows 8.1) and tried music only - same response

I added just 6 artists with a couple of albums in each)    structure:-   Artist/Album/tracks

turned off downloading metadata 

turned off firewall on server
turned off firewall on router
fresh installs of server (Beta/Dev)

The annoying thing is if I add the library as mixed content its fine albeit I cannot access it via roku/android

Thanks for having a look....

bw
Doddsie

server-63557033388.txt

Beardyname

Could it be that some of the files are broken? aka if you just add 1 album give it a day and see what happens? (repeat with an album a day and see which one makes it go boom)

Other than that your log file looks clean, but a dev should probably check it over to be safe :)

Also only the music library is added with UNC path should not make a difference for this, but something you might want to fix if you are going to be watching videos from other places than this pc. :)

doddsie

Thanks for your comments and having a look at the log Beardyname

Have tried different sets of a couple of artists....

The install on this machine is to try to solve the problem (which is completley replicated) ...the family would kill me if our main server screwed up :)