Test Build - Screensaver Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

This test has now finished - Thank you to those who participated. 

Hi All,

I have implemented a screensaver but would like some users to test this without pushing it out as the main build, as frankly the screensaver code affects almost every code page and I need to know it is stable and works correctly.

Test builds are hosted on my IP 94.175.25.47 and will only be hosted for a short time / until the test is complete :)

This test is screensaver - Basically after 10 seconds of inactivity (testing purposes only!) the screensaver will launch from any page POST being logged in as a user. It should disable during video and image playback but NOT music. 

Any obvious bugs please let me know - If the screensaver launches but you are unable to get away from it (any key will do!) then I need to know the page you were looking at at the time. You will have to power down the tv probably at the socket. I am almost certain I have caught everything though.

Ideally I need some feedback from users with D,E F & H TV's, especially D - basically I don't know if the image player will work on D, I think it does!

Confirmed on F, H

I think it's neat

Thank you!

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Looks good.  Appears to be working on my F series TV on all screens within movies, tv, collections, and music to include while playing music. 

I did notice one little problem and that is if you arrow down to chapters, cast, or suggested within movies that the pop out menu/list is still visible when the screen saver starts.

• Like 2

chessdragon136

@@FrostByte - Thank you

I can't replicate as I don't have access to my TV atm and it doesn't work in emulator - Can you update the app again, just pushed out ver 2

Basically I now hide all the GUI elements and display them when it finishes, the image player should have sat on top of all elements but obviously it doesnt. So hiding them is just easier!

grimfandango

So far it is working fine.

TV: UE55HU5800

Areas tested: Home menu, Media folders, movies (down to chapter select), TV shows (down to episode select), collections, music (down to track selection), photos and the pop up menu brought up by pressing tools.

The only thing is a he images are not full screen (I don't know if they are supposed to be)

Good work thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

chessdragon136

@@grimfandango (good name btw)

Thanks!

And the screensaver images are changing every 5 or so seconds yes?

As for full screen, the imageviewer works at 1920x1080 and chances are the images its randomly selected are smaller, so it's not fullscreen (i think i can stretch them but not sure I really want to do that) On my tv its a real mix. but hey, 

Edited by chessdragon136

FrostByte

@@FrostByte - Thank you

I can't replicate as I don't have access to my TV atm and it doesn't work in emulator - Can you update the app again, just pushed out ver 2

Basically I now hide all the GUI elements and display them when it finishes, the image player should have sat on top of all elements but obviously it doesnt. So hiding them is just easier!

Yep, that fixed it.  Thanks

• Like 1

FrostByte

Mine is displaying a mixture of full screen and not full screen.  I imagine it's just because of different size source images

• Like 1

grimfandango

Thanks, images are cycling every 5 seconds or so. The images do vary in size (none full screen), I will check some to see wat resolution they are

chessdragon136

It uses backdrop images from Series or Movies

What I actually need as a backup is a series of images for users who have no series or movies (or only a few of them) so I can display those instead - Any takers? @@im85288 You've been great for providing images :D 

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

@@CBers - the more the merrier, I only wanted to know for sure 1 of each :) Theres plenty of menus so to have 5-10 people using it for a few days would be great :D 

@@grimfandango - Thanks, I was more thinking some MediaBrowser 3 images for branding purposes (would help if i wrote down what was in my head lol) as opposed to film images but I'll use them :D 

ginjaninja

E series, screensaver seems fine,

I think stretched to fit (maintain aspect ratio) is best for images, in terms of user experience.

idea

Could the backdrops be made appropriate for the current media folder/object

perhaps movies backdrops for movies, tv for tv, music for music,..

default image toggle for music media folders user preference......album covers/artists backdrops/both

If the images selector for the screensaver, preferred content related to the current media object/playlist all the better...eg other films of artists, writers, directors,   then the screen saver would be informative (what might i want to watch) as well as functional.

a text overlay of the relationship seed (if exists) might add something..user preference toggle - Actor=X, Director=Y.

as well as text overlay (user toggle) of the content the backdrop is from = Artist Name, Album Name (Probably not this one), Movie Name, Show Name etc..

• Like 1

chessdragon136

To be honest, none of that is possible without a lot of work and I don't think the value is there for it, it is only a screensaver after all. 

grimfandango

@@CBers - the more the merrier, I only wanted to know for sure 1 of each :) Theres plenty of menus so to have 5-10 people using it for a few days would be great :D

@@grimfandango - Thanks, I was more thinking some MediaBrowser 3 images for branding purposes (would help if i wrote down what was in my head lol) as opposed to film images but I'll use them :D

I have added 2 mb images to the folder. I would like to say that I am creative and will produce some mb3 images but unfortunately I am severely lacking in artistic skills.

chessdragon136

I have added 2 mb images to the folder. I would like to say that I am creative and will produce some mb3 images but unfortunately I am severely lacking in artistic skills.

That makes 2 of us... I make things that work, I don't make it pretty ;)

rickster53

Screensaver working just fine on my UN60ES8000.  Tested it with Movies and TV shows---no problems.  Also tried it with Music playing and it works while allowing the music to continue, per your desired result...

Thanks chessdragon!

I like the idea of a screen saver, but missed testing this. Looks like E series is done anyway.

It would be nice to have the option to just blank the screen while playing music.  This could be triggered by a menu option or hotkey in the music player page only.  Great for functions where you just want background music but no images.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

rickster53

I like the idea of a screen saver, but missed testing this. Looks like E series is done anyway.

It would be nice to have the option to just blank the screen while playing music.  This could be triggered by a menu option or hotkey in the music player page only.  Great for functions where you just want background music but no images.

I think this is an excellent idea given chessdragon's prior comments to ginjaninja's suggestions...