DLNA Playlists

Doozer

While in Desktop Mode in Windows I like using Jriver Media Center. Using DLNA, I can connect to the Media Browser server just fine. Is it possible for the Media Browser server to recognize different users when connected through DLNA so that a user has his own set of playlists? I know you can setup DLNA Device profiles, but more than one user will be connecting through the Jriver client.

i have been thinking about ways for a user to login when using dlna, but unfortunately i haven't thought of anything yet that will work universally across all dlna devices. if there were a way for us to tell the player to display a message on-screen, then we could do something similar to the roku pin code feature. but since we can't do that, i haven't' really been able to come up with a good idea that would be easy to understand.

i think if the same user always uses the same device then we can possibly do something with device settings to override the user per device. but as far as shared devices allowing users to sign in and sign out, right now i think that's going to be tough.