Merge Multiple IDs for Music Artist

Pais

As the topic says I have two Media Browser IDs for the artist Green Day: afe5292d91bdf84ad47314f4b033a0a2 and 6e6a5bf14b1a14320c3317af7e5857cf

I recently migrated to a new server and have been slowly adding my music back into the library. I have also been including new music not previously part of the old install in the process. Yesterday I added U218 Singles which contains a song by Green Day and U2. I did not create metadata for Green Day as I have existing music with .nfos for Green Day which were to be added today.

54b6f8b3b972d_Capture2.png

Upon adding the first album in the Green Day folder I revisited the Artists page and noticed that the metadata was not being read from the album.nfo.

54b6f91735e93_Capture3.png

I then checked Green Day via the metadata manager and found all the metadata had been loaded:

54b6faaf4aeae_Capture5.png

It looks like when U218 Singles was added to the library it created a pointer to the Artists folder within ImagesByName. Upon adding a complete Green Day album it created a new artist id which points to the album containing the artist.nfo. 

Any ideas on how I can merge the two Green Day entries which exist in the database? I've tried removing U218 Singles, but this does not resolve the issue.

I thought I'd let everyone know that for Green Day I've just used a band-aid and copied the artist metadata into ImagesByName. As I continue to add other albums, especially compilations/soundtracks I am sure to add at least one album from all artists who are also represented independently of the compilation/soundtrack and all the metadata is read from the previously created files. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new issue which I believe is related. As I migrated my music library to Media Browser I created the sub-folder inside of \\Music\ of \\Music\_MediaBrowser\ to act as a staging directory to slowly incorporate my music into Media Browser. The general process was as follows:

1. Create Media Browser music library with media location set to \\Music\_MediaBrowser\
  2. Move artist folders containing albums into \\Music\_MediaBrowser\ sub-folder and use Media Browser to pull metadata
  3. Repeat until all artist folders have been moved and have metadata (e.g. pictures, etc.)
  4. Move contents of \\Music\_MediaBrowser\ to \\Music\
  5. Remove Media Browser music library media location of \\Music\_MediaBrowser\
  6. Create Media Browser music library media location of \\Music\

Now none of the artists have images. When I edit an artist the path is set to \\Music\_MediaBrowser\artistName which no longer exists. Refreshes do not address the issue. For now I've moved everything back to \\Music\_MediaBrowser\.

EDIT. As before, there are two entries for each artist one pointing to the correct location (e.g. \\Music\artistName\) and one pointing to an out of date location (e.g. \\Music\_MediaBrowser\artistName\).

Edited by Pais