Storing the Library data? And adding folders...

thesoundsmith
Go to solution Solved by Maleficarum,

thesoundsmith

Hi. Love the Roku box, and I especially love that Roku says it only plays mp4s, while your app plays ALMOST ALL my vids, which I did not expect. Thanks, guys. Now:

When I reboot my computer, it takes literally DAYS to restore the library info. I had it set to display the image as poster, with 3400 files. Took four DAYS before suddenly, all the posters were there (previously, only about 1 on 50 on average showed. So I changed to thumbnail (at least I get to read the titles...) But also had to reboot, and now, once again, nothing is showing up but the text while the graphics get rebuilt.

Is it possible to store this info so when I reboot it is instantly available?

Question 2: with 3400 files, getting there is quite a chore even when I know the name. Alpha sort is of no help at all, the names are pre-coded for technical reasons and not folder specific.) Media Browser implies there is a way to add folders (I already have the folders in place, I just need to point to them. IS there a way to do this on the Roku box?

Thanks for any help.

• Solution
Maleficarum

To store metadata locally you need to enable the option in server settings. To do this:

* Go to the server dashboard in a browser

* Click on the metadata option in the left hand menu

* Tick the checkbox next to "save artwork and metadata into media folders"

* Hit "Save"

This will save images and meta into the folders where the videos are stored. With this in place MB will look there before grabbing it all from the internet again.

For folders:

* Click on your user picture in the web client and select "my preferences"

* On the page that you are taken to check the box next to "display a folders view to show plain media folders"

* Hit "OK" at the bottom of the page

• Like 1