Bat files

lordbond

lordbond

I am trying to run VLC from a bat file to feed some command line switches to it so I can play my 3d video files on a 2d tv. I can get the bat file to work like it should but once I call it out in MBC it doesn't play correctly. it is still the SBS version of it. I can see in the cmd window that the command line is correct but it still isn't working properly. I have MBC run my 3d files with the 'generic' selection in external programs. Here is the command I am trying to execute

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" %1 -f --vout-filter=wall --wall-cols=2 --wall-rows=1 --wall-active=1

Again, when I run the bat file from a command window it runs like it should.

Any help would be appreciated or if anyone knows how to accomplish this in MPC-HC that would be even better.

lordbond

I've tried that and the parameters don't get passed along to the program. And if I select VLC as the external program it doesn't have a spot to list parameters. Or do you just put them on the command line?

Blackice

I'd say it's probably due to how you use quotes in the command. For starters the %1 argument is missing double quotes which will cause issues if your directory path has any spaces in it. Also you may need to wrap the whole command in double quotes (not home so I can't test).

Let us know how you go

The following in the command line args field in the external player setup, should work.

{0} -f --vout-filter=wall --wall-cols=2 --wall-rows=1 --wall-active=1

lordbond

I'd say it's probably due to how you use quotes in the command. For starters the %1 argument is missing double quotes which will cause issues if your directory path has any spaces in it. Also you may need to wrap the whole command in double quotes (not home so I can't test).

Let us know how you go

That command works in the bat file when I call it from a command prompt outside of MB3

That command works in the bat file when I call it from a command prompt outside of MB3

That's probably because when you call it from a command prompt, you either have a directory name that doesn't have spaces or you actually include the quotes in the parameter you send to the batch file.

Did you try my command line in the external player setup?