Starkadius
Go to solution Solved by Beardyname,

Starkadius

I have a user with the following settings:

"Allow user to manage the server" [uNCHECKED]

"Allow deletion of library content"  [uNCHECKED]

Yet when going in the playlists this appears

54b60acad2886_01.png

Looking at that I figured okay "Delete" must mean to delete the playlist right? So I clicked it...

54b60af8af546_02.png

Wait what? How is that possible? I was afraid to click "Ok" because obviously I do not want to delete the files so I can't say for certain if this is a loophole or not. Unless the wording on that message needs to be changed to "This will delete the playlist" or something.

What brought this about is that a user was asking me "How do I delete the playlist or change the name?". I was not able to find this anywhere. If anyone can tell me please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by Starkadius

• Solution
Beardyname

I think the same things goes for collections right?

When i tested it it removed all the files belonging to the collection and not the linked items themselves, so it did what you expected even though i stopped and thought about the exact same text as you did.

I'm gonna try this again, just need to make some copies beforehand :)

*edit*

Yep it only removes the file which handles the playlist (custom images and whatnot)

Not the items belonging to the playlist, so i think the solution for this is change the wording whenever you delete a playlist and collection.

You should test it for yourself though, so you see it does not screw you over :)

Edited by Beardyname
  • Like 1

Starkadius

I think the same things goes for collections right?

When i tested it it removed all the files belonging to the collection and not the linked items themselves, so it did what you expected even though i stopped and thought about the exact same text as you did.

I'm gonna try this again, just need to make some copies beforehand :)

*edit*

Yep it only removes the file which handles the playlist (custom images and whatnot)

Not the items belonging to the playlist, so i think the solution for this is change the wording whenever you delete a playlist and collection.

You should test it for yourself though, so you see it does not screw you over :)

Oh good that answers that. I'll take your word for it and hopefully @@Luke takes note of this. Thanks!

The message should tell you specifically from what path files will be deleted and then there will be no confusion.

• Like 1