Option to Automatically Hide Metadata - What about TV Thumbnail Folder?

DarWun

DarWun

I personally consider the feature to save metadata and images as hidden files to be a great addition to MediaBrowser.  Is there any reason why the metadata folder that is created for TV show episode thumbnails cannot be automatically hidden as well?

Edited by DarWun

Maleficarum

You get a folder for episode thumbnails ? Mine get dumped in with the episodes. I'm running a series>season setup though if that makes a difference.

DarWun

Weird.  I'm running a series>season setup as well (as in I have a main folder for each Series containing individual subfolders for each Season).  The first time I add an episode to a season subfolder, MediaBrowser creates a subfolder named "metadata" that contains a thumbnail for the episode.  The thumbnail file name matches the episode file name.  The thumbnail is hidden, but the subfolder is not.  For each new episode added to the season a corresponding thumbnail will show up in the "metadata" subfolder when MediaBrowser scans the library.  The only files that Mediabrowser adds to the root Season folder are the episode .nfo files, folder.jpg and other season related files (all of which are hidden by default).  If I manually hide the "metadata" subfolder, it remains hidden on subsequent library scans that occur when new episodes are added.

Maleficarum

Do you happen to have the old MB style metadata saving on do you ? I seem to remember a metadata folder being made in the old days

DarWun

yea that's what he has

Thanks guys.  I'm a bit confused though.  On the "Services" tab in the "Metadata" section of the console, I have set the preferred local metadata source as "Nfo" and ticked the box to set "Nfo" as the metadata saver for "Series", "Seasons" and "Episodes" media types.  The box for "Media Browser xml" is unticked for each of them.  Shouldn't that have changed things from the old to the new MB style metadata saving scheme?

Just in case it is relevant, I am still using the "Media Browser xml" scheme for "Movie" media types.