Kodi/XBMB3C main menus & views

stueeey

Newbie here to Mediabrowser,  looking to integrate XBMB3C into Kodi for better management, since moving from the Plex environment. PHT just didn't provide the freedom that Kodi does, but I miss the server side (hence my interest in Mediabrowser)

life story over !!  ....here are my queries that I think I already know the answer too, but would just like it either confirmed or corrected please.  

I've added MBCon & XBMB3C addons... I can see my MB library but its not allowing me to change to different views to see large fanart etc.  As I understand it Kodi skins need modding to be integrated fully with MB?  Is this the reason I cannot change views? (adding via main menu allows view changes, posters appear in some views but not the fanart/backgrounds)  

I am using the Kodi skin Mimic which has not been modded, reluctant to move to another skin as its my firm favourite (and my kids can navigate it).  

appreciate any assistance and apologies in advance if my queries have already been asked/answered else where (I have searched).

thanks

xnappo

Do you have any interest in modding the skin yourself?  We can help...  If not, then..  Yeah you should try one of the modded skins.

It could be you can use some configuration possibilities within Mimic, but I have never tried it so not sure.

xnappo

Angelblue05

I don't understand why MBCon is part of the repo. Isn't it only combatible with the MBCon skin, for testing purposes? 

• Like 1

im85288

Newbie here to Mediabrowser,  looking to integrate XBMB3C into Kodi for better management, since moving from the Plex environment. PHT just didn't provide the freedom that Kodi does, but I miss the server side (hence my interest in Mediabrowser)

life story over !!  ....here are my queries that I think I already know the answer too, but would just like it either confirmed or corrected please.  

I've added MBCon & XBMB3C addons... I can see my MB library but its not allowing me to change to different views to see large fanart etc.  As I understand it Kodi skins need modding to be integrated fully with MB?  Is this the reason I cannot change views? (adding via main menu allows view changes, posters appear in some views but not the fanart/backgrounds)  

I am using the Kodi skin Mimic which has not been modded, reluctant to move to another skin as its my firm favourite (and my kids can navigate it).  

appreciate any assistance and apologies in advance if my queries have already been asked/answered else where (I have searched).

thanks

Does the Mimic skin allow you to add new entry's as Video Nodes? If so, that would be the simplest way to have a sort of partial integration and will allow you to select different views.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any interest in modding the skin yourself?  We can help...  If not, then..  Yeah you should try one of the modded skins.

It could be you can use some configuration possibilities within Mimic, but I have never tried it so not sure.

xnappo

@@xnappo - firstly apologies for the late response (been away)...  yes interested in modding myself (limited experience mind) any assistance you ca provide would be most appreciated...  I have tried the other enabled kind and they just don't cut it compared to mimic.

Does the Mimic skin allow you to add new entry's as Video Nodes? If so, that would be the simplest way to have a sort of partial integration and will allow you to select different views.

@@im85288 - yes mimic allows me to add new entry's as Video Nodes.  This was my 1st solution too, strangely when I add a destination to the main menu I'm presented with a 'Mediabrowser script error message' but when I add the same destination to the sub menu it works just fine and opens with all skin views available.  Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. 

xnappo

@@im85288 - yes mimic allows me to add new entry's as Video Nodes.  This was my 1st solution too, strangely when I add a destination to the main menu I'm presented with a 'Mediabrowser script error message' but when I add the same destination to the sub menu it works just fine and opens with all skin views available.  Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. 

@@boywhosetsfire - maybe this is the same as the Nox5 issue with URL quoting?

should it assist, I have just read the posts relating to Nox5, as mimics code is closely related (+re-focus), i'd put money on it being the same issue.  Whats not clear to me (from the posts) is whether the issue was resolved with Nox5?  is their a simple work around?  is it an issue i should push with the mimic dev (@bryanbrazil)....  thank you for your assistance @@xnappo

@@xnappo - FYI: I decided to take the plunge with Titan, as I was not getting anywhere with mimic ( after a little modding I am very impressed with Titan !)

only issue I am experiencing is the previously reported Profile switching (media sections available to users that should't be - cache issue)...  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17175-kodi-users-can-access-films-that-are-rights-restricted/page-2

has this been resolved?  its the only things thats holding me back from the switch now.  (the wife hates it when I switch skins!  - lol )

once agains, thanks for your handwork and assistance, it is appreciated!