Not reading local folder.jpg

user29

Hi,

I have a folder

\\movies\Disney

I decided to trial the new "metadata" and set it as Movies (it only has movies in there)

When I did this - it now no longer reads my local Folder.jpgs (3 of the movies do - the other 38 do not)

I do not want to fetch  - I want to user the local folder.jpg as the primary?

Any thoughts?

In fact its generating a primary images from the net (as I don't have those pictures locally) even though I have ticked no meta data....I am sure it thinks these movies are TV shoes - as it places a directory call meta data in there?

Deleting the primary image - then doing a local only refresh - gets a image NOT from the directory....

How do I force it to read the folder.jpg?

I think what you are seeing is a symptom of the content not being recognized properly.

Can you show us the complete file structure (windows explorer screenshot)?

PeteWhite67

I'm have almost exactly the same problem, in my case MB is failing to recognise the local "folder.png" image file, instead it shows a thumbnail from the movie file. A screenshot of Windows explorer is below.

54b569ff84a1b_Pride.png

I use Metabrowser to grab all the movie info/images and Stark Covers to change the folder.jpg to folder.png. Everything except the "folder.png" is recognised.

Edited by PeteWhite67

Nothing happens when I change it to folder.png... and do  a refresh

I deleted ALL meta data - and replaced it.

It reads ALL the new data metadata - BUT STILL doesn't read the folder.jpg  -

Very weird!!!! instead Mine is also grabbing a thumbnail from the movie

Not sure how to attach a screen - I will look at the forum and see if I can work it out

\\Server\Movie\Disney - In there are 40 odd Disney movies....(all local meta data - all working fine until the latest release)

Edited by user29

Just an update this is ALSO happening in my whole collection with NEW ITEMS - it is not reading the folder.jpg it is creating a thumbnail

PeteWhite67

I renamed to "poster.png" and "poster.jpg" and neither worked, neither did installing the latest server dev version.

What logs do you want to see?

Pete

A server log after you add a new item and it shows up in the library.  Please also tell us what the item is.

PeteWhite67

Oops, I wasn't sure that was the right log, hopefully the one attached now is!

The option in MetaBrowser to save as a hidden file is ticked off...

54b7fcd382289_Untitled.png

Pete

Log.txt

Edited by PeteWhite67

Okay, I think I know what is going on here.  You have library monitoring turned on in MB and it is seeing you add that item to your library.  But you don't use us to fetch metadata so when it goes looking for an image, it isn't there yet because MetaBrowser hasn't downloaded it yet.  So, it creates one and attaches it to the item before the other image is ever there.

You may need to turn off the library monitoring and just rely on scheduled library scans to pick up new content.  Or, just disable the screen grabber for movies so that it won't automatically create an image from the video.

PeteWhite67

Thanks ebr, I tried your suggestions but they didn't work.

I've un-installed and re-installed the server and everything seems to be working ok now, although I haven't added any new films to the library yet. I'll let you know if there's any more problems.

Pete