6 Hours Worth of Scanning... 50.7%

godbodian

godbodian

The title says it all, but the question is why? Beyond, the whole it's rebuilding your library... but WHY is it completely rebuilding my library, if that's what it's doing and why is it taking so long?

I am also seeing longer than usual (10x longer) for Library Scan and People Scan - the latter always took 2 minutes (local image folder) now takes over 56

What changed in this build?

overClocked!

Interesting... 14 hours later and 65.2%

Network problems perhaps? Try continuous ping and see if you get any dropped packets. This was happening to one of my friend's setup and it ended up being a faulty ports on her network switch.

godbodian
overClocked!, on 13 Jan 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

Network problems perhaps? Try continuous ping and see if you get any dropped packets. This was happening to one of my friend's setup and it ended up being a faulty ports on her network switch.

No it wasn't the network (in my opinion and understanding). All the storage I have is built into the HTPC that the server is actually on. Unless it's some weird function I don't grasp or understand, I couldn't imagine the files going into the network prior to being scanned by MBS in this case. I posted logs on another thread, so the Devs would have to lend their expertise to that theory.

Thanks tho.

Edited by godbodian

Angelblue05

Maybe it's the image fetcher you are using? Is your log complete, because it doesn't really show anything wrong. For example, I'm experiencing a lot of timeouts fetching images from tmdb. If I disable tmdb, then it would not waste the time trying to fetch images from tmdb which will most likely timeout. If you see a lot of timeouts in your log, then it might give you a clue as to what's causing the issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

godbodian

Maybe it's the image fetcher you are using? Is your log complete, because it doesn't really show anything wrong. For example, I'm experiencing a lot of timeouts fetching images from tmdb. If I disable tmdb, then it would not waste the time trying to fetch images from tmdb which will most likely timeout. If you see a lot of timeouts in your log, then it might give you a clue as to what's causing the issue.

See that's the funny thing, I'm a legacy user, so old habits die hard. I'm still using the standalone client MCM for all my fetching and metadata needs. Needless to say, all the metadata features have been turned off. When the server finally sees the file is a complete packaged media. The video file, the xml's or nfo's, the backdrops and the poster image. Really for me, all the server needs to do IS scan and play.

+1 to this.

I only have local data, I still collect it myself using MCM.

I don't understand why it is taking so long when all data is local. I too do not collect metadata or use it (except to troubleshoot) it is completely switched off.

I also have an issue with this version not reading folder.jpg files (in a different thread).

Something has changed.

Also - I used to be able to see the log file on the screen so could actively view what was occurring - any way to get this back?!

AdrianW

Looking at your log - the scan appears to be extracting chapter thumbnails for just about everything. That will certainly take a long time.

Did you remove and re-add your collections? That might be the cause for the chapter thumbs being re-extracted.

steve1977

I have been facing the same issue, but may have found the issue. The trakt pluin is broken and causes some issues (even when not using it, but just scanning the library). I uninstalled the plugin and it is working much better. Still facing some issue with the fanart api, but I believe the biggest issue is with trakt plugin.

Can you give it a try and also solves your issue and report back?