newest update has messed up...

diaz1510

diaz1510

Since I got an update to the MB today, all my movies, shows and auto-organize doesn't work.  I use the web client in firefox.  It will no longer find the show names only the letters folders that each show is under.  It no longer shows "Latest" or "Suggested"  and under "Shows" it only shows letter folders...

How do I roll back a version?

diaz1510

....Cinema mode has now stopped working properly as well...it stopds after playing the 2 trailers and video intro...it will not start playing the movie...

diaz1510

I am suspecting it has something to do with the way its reading the tv shows folder sturcture now.  I've always had the structure like this for shows:

A

- Show

-Season

-Episode

B

Etc, where all shows are sorted alphabetically within the a folder of the beginning letter of the show name.  Ive done a test by moving a few show folders in one main directory and it seems to read those, but loses alot of metadata (images and custom images I had associated with some shows).  Also, I do not wish to place all shows into one main directory..I would like them within their lettered folder...

Is there somehting wrong with the new update or is this a new thing you guys are doing?  It's basically made my library unusable at this point.

Edited by are6rider

diaz1510

Has something changed in the way the naming convention is read since the latest update?  I've been using the smae conventiopn for some time noew and never had any issues until this update...

Edited by are6rider

yes we've been expanding the universe. as we add new conventions it becomes more difficult to automatically differentiate between them, so in some cases we need you to tell us what the content is.

diaz1510

My format is basicall the complex convention....

Drive (S:)

\A

\The Americans

\Season 01

Episode.S01e01.mkv

Episode.S01e02.mkv

\B

\Bates Motel

\Season 01

Episode.s01e02.mkv

etc...

Whats wrong with my convention?

nothing at all. the fact that you have to manually identify the letter folders does not mean anything is wrong.

diaz1510

so why is everything not working within the web client any more?  Nothing shows any longer under Latest or Suggested Tabs and it no longer Auto-orgaizes.  When I attempt to manually auto-orgainze, the drop down box that used to show all the shows I had now only show my lettereed folders.  and under the Shos tab, it only shows each letered folder? This is super frustrating, I'd really just like ot go back to the oldfer version.  I can't even use MB at this point ot watch shows

diaz1510

Huh?  I don't uderstand?  That post sends me to a link about your naming convention, which you just said in post 9 the one I am using is fine?  Now I'm confused?  Why all of a sudden MB is not working for me since this update?

use the metadata manager to mark the letter folders as content type TV, then run a library scan. you should be good to go.

techywarrior

use the metadata manager to mark the letter folders as content type TV, then run a library scan. you should be good to go.

Have you done this yet?

Some changes were made to allow more advanced movie/tv title matching and in certain folder structures MB can no longer determine definitively what the content is. With this change you may have to tell MB what the folder is.

By using the metadata manager and telling MB that the folder "A" contains TV shows it should fix all the metadata after a library scan and the other things like auto organize, next up, latest, etc. will all fix themselves. (you need to tell each of those letter folders that they contain TV)

• Like 1

diaz1510

Argh I want to be so mad at you guys but you were SOOOO right...and now I have egg on my face LOL...I did what you said and all is right in the world now...I will go to my corner with my dunce cap on and reflect on this situation...

...well, it is kind of a testament to how great MB really is...I've become so used to it in my life that when it goes alittle crazy...I act a little crazy along with it...

Thanks again and I appreciate you being patient...

• Like 2

techywarrior

It's ok. This was a fairly big change but it doesn't effect everyone, and the people who it does effect all have different folder structures. That makes it hard to show a definitive example of what to do and as a user all you see is that your setup worked before and now suddenly doesn't.

This can be frustrating but luckily it's a pretty quick/simple fix and unless you create new top level folders (letters in your case) you won't have to do it again.

• Like 1

WarrenH

Am I correct in understanding the new folder type for sub-folder levels is only applicable to the Beta or Dev Build release and not the current public release? There seems to be quite a few forum thread with similar issues, my own included

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16401-strange-behaviour-of-certain-media-folders/

and others:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17146-metadata-manager-folders-are-now-missing/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17145-rollback-to-previous-version/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16759-latest-update-with-auto-organise-issue/

Edited by WarrenH

techywarrior

The stable release that went out yesterday (3.0.5490.2) now has the new content type flag in it. The change to mixed folders were scaled back a bit from beta so some of the threads may not be accurate anymore (the change should effect people less then was reported in some of the threads) but the basic steps to identify nested folders are the same.

Go to metadata manager and set the content type of the folder if it's not the same as the parent.

WarrenH

Noted thanks, have reset folder levels to TV, run refresh, all seems to be back to normal now, oddly folders were set to inherit with the parent folder as TV, yet the sub folders certainly didn't display as TV so I'm nor sure what properties were "inherited".

And most importantly, have removed check for updates in scheduled tasks.

Edited by WarrenH